This scheme was launched in October 2012 with an annual intake of 15 beneficiaries to study in leading UK universities.
The value of the scholarship is USD67,500 per awardee per study. Actual spend per awardee however ranges from USD45,000 to USD67,500, depending on the course of study.
The scheme covers these areas of study: Environmental Studies, Engineering, Management, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
The 2019 awardees have commenced their programmes in various UK universities. 78 persons have so far benefited from the scheme with a total expenditure of N1.308b ($4.27m).
Table of contents
Call for Applications
Nigeria LNG Limited (NLNG), as part of its social investment initiative in education, invites applications from qualified candidates for the NLNG Postgraduate scholarship scheme for Master’s degree programmes in the United Kingdom in September 2022.
The scheme seeks to grow a pool of high potential Nigerian graduates and professionals with a competitive advantage.
The NLNG Postgraduate scholarship application deadline is Monday 18th April 2022.
Here are the procedures on how to apply fo the NLNG postgraduate scholarship;
- Launch your internet browser
- Visit the NLNG scholarship portal
- Click on Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme Portal
- Register for a new account
- Log in to the scholarship portal
- Begin scholarship application
All prospective beneficiaries must possess the following to be considered.
- Have provisional admission from any of the underlisted UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines Renewable Energy, Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Information Technology Law and Medicine: the University of Aberdeen, University of Cranfield
- Minimum of Second class (upper division) in the relevant field of study
- Completed NYSC programme
- Minimum of 8.0 IELTS score (with not less than 7.0 in all elements)
- Not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Be resident in Nigeria and plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Provide a letter of identification from respective Local Government Councils
- Provide a letter of consent from the employer (if in service of any organization)
- Possess an international passport valid for travel, for at least one year from September 2022
- Able to obtain UK Tier-4 students visa upon being successful
- Provide evidence of availability to travel in September 2022 if selected
- Not be a spouse, child, word, or direct relation of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
All Postgraduate applications MUST include scanned and uploaded copies of the following documents:
- Recent passport photograph without glasses (not more than three months old)
- International passport bio-data page
- First-degree certificate
- NYSC Discharge certificate
- Provisional admission letter from any of the indicated UK institutions above
- IELTS result
- LGA letter of identification Employer consent letter (where applicable).