The Jim Ovia Scholars Program was founded in 1998. It is fully funded by Mr Jim Ovia to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigerian youths.
The scholarship was previously known as the MUSTE scholarship.
Eligible awardees are supported for their undergraduate and graduate study for the duration of their program and include tuition and maintenance allowances.
The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship.
Since October 2010, Mr Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting.
|Jim Ovia Scholarship||Information|
|Scholarship Sponsor(s)||Jim Ovia Foundation|
|Scholarship Type||Tuition Fee|
|Host Institution||Nigerian Universities|
|Study Level||100 – 500 Level & Postgraduate|
|Minimum CGPA||Not Specified|
|Application Starts||December 2021|
|Application Deadline||January 31, 2022|
|Exam Date||Not yet out|
|Application Website||Jim Ovia Scholarship Portal|
Table of contents
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in the workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap among Nigerian Youth
Jim Ovia Scholarship Requirements
The scholarship is open to all potential students of Nigerian citizenship.
One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
a. Completed online application
b. Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License)
Please note that a certificate of origin or birth certificate will not be accepted as a valid form of ID.
The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID.
In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
c. An official original letter (not photocopied) letter from your school/Head of Department stating the following:
- Your full-name
- Course Title
- Department of Study
- Matriculation number
Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
d) Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
e) Original JAMB result certificate
f) A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
g) A passport photograph
All submitted documents will be verified by the scholarship selection committee.
Applicants found to have submitted false information or unverifiable or forged documents will no longer be eligible to apply for the Jim Ovia Scholars Program.
- There are no fees required to file an application fee
- Your application will not be reviewed until all required documents are submitted.
- Application processing generally takes up to 12 weeks, please be patient and do NOT email or call customer service for this information.
- Applicants may track their status online by logging into their online MUSTE account.
- Applicants should also watch for any email messages from the Jim Ovia Foundation regarding their application and its processing.
- Applicants who submit False or Forged documents will be blacklisted and unable to apply for future awards
- Application opens September 15 and Closes November 15, annually. Please plan accordingly to meet deadlines as no applications will be accepted after the firm cut-off date given.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email. Applicants should be alert for these messages. Be sure to add both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe-senders list.
- Ensure to compile all required documents before you begin the application.
Jim Ovia Scholarship Application Process
Here are the application procedures for the Jim Ovia scholarship;
- Visit the Jim Ovia scholarship portal
- Enter your name and email address
- Select your date of birth
- Click on the CAPTCHA button
- Create new account
- Verify your email address
- Create new password
- Upload your passport
- Click on Save
- Visit the your scholarship account
- Click on Apply Now
Application opens September 15 and Closes on November 15, annually. Please plan accordingly to meet deadlines as no applications will be accepted after the firm cut-off date given.