Thinking of studying abroad? Looking for countries that’ll give you a study visa from Nigeria.
We’ve come up with different schools whose student visa procedure isn’t overwhelming. Most students have given up applying for schools abroad due to the rigorous and rigid visa procedure.
But not to worry, we’ve got you covered. Here is a detailed list of countries where you can get your student visa with less stress.
Canada is one major country where Nigerians go to study. Every year, about 130,000 international students attend Canadian institutions and colleges.
Visa formalities are straightforward, and there is plenty of work available. They welcome various people into their country due to the unbalanced nature of their landmass.
Why Study in Canada
- Many people choose to study in Canada due to the high quality of education. Canada is home to almost 100 universities and more than 170 colleges, so you have many options to choose from.
- If you hold a student visa, you are allowed to get a part-time job while you are in school, but you are limited to working for only 20 hours every week.
- Canada is one of the countries where you’ll find friendly and pleasant people from various ethnic groups, each with their way of life. Canada’s culturally diverse environment encourages generosity and serenity like no other country.
- The nation’s low crime rate and quiet, safe atmosphere attract many overseas students to Canadian universities.
The following universities are the best in Canada, according to the QS global ranking:
- The University of Toronto
- McGill University
- The University of British Columbia
- The Université de Montréal
- The University of Alberta
New Zealand is a country that Nigerians haven’t founded. Surprisingly this country offers student visas. This country allows students to work and school at the same time.
Why Study in New Zealand
You’re allowed to go to school and work.
- The UK education system impacts New Zealand’s education system, so you will know how to handle situations clearly and correctly.
- Students in New Zealand have several fantastic study alternatives. It’s a lovely location where students may have fun in the middle of stunning natural settings.
- New Zealand’s eight universities are globally recognized, and they continually rank high in QS. World Rankings. The NZQA makes sure all institutions that accept international students are registered.
The Best University in New Zealand According to QS. World Ranking, the top five universities in New Zealand are;
- The University of Auckland
- The University of Otago
- Victoria University of Wellington
- The University of Canterbury
- Massey University
Universities in Germany are known to be tuition-free. They offer students a visa from Nigeria, but you need to have money in an account during your studies in the country.
Why Study in Germany
- One reason international students flock to study in Germany is that most university courses are free.
- With Germany’s Bologna reform, every student receives a standardized and globally recognized degree, such as a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctorate.
- You’ll need a student visa permit to work given to the Australian government. If given a work permit, you can work and study at the same time.
- Studying in Germany can lead to numerous job opportunities. Germany is part of the European Union, and they are one of the major economic powers; because of this, their economy continues to bloom.
Here are the best universities in Germany ranked by QS World Ranking, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) Munich, Technical University of Munich, Charité – Universitätsmedizin, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, and Freie Universität Berlin and more.
This country is still less popular to Nigerians, but it’s an excellent place for good education. Getting a study visa is accessible here.
To get your study visa, you need your admission letter given by your school to apply online.
Why Study in Ireland
- The Irish government encourages International students to study. In Ireland, they have scholarship opportunities available for international students.
- One compelling reason to choose Ireland as your place of study is the possibility of obtaining a stay-back visa. Graduates who want to stay in Ireland after finishing their studies to pursue a career can get a one or two-year stay-back visa.
- In terms of peace and happiness, Ireland ranks 12 and 22 in the world on the Global Peace Index and World Happiness Index, respectively. It’s a safe and friendly place.
- Ireland is a place for international students; over 35000 international students from 150 countries school there.
QS world ranking ranks Trinity College Dublin (TCD), University College Dublin (UCD), National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG), University College Cork (UCC), Dublin City University (DCU) as the best institution with the best facilities in Ireland.
The United States
One study destination popular to Nigerians in the United States. The United States institutions are prestigious, and they have high-quality facilities.
Despite the fees, the United States is still regarded as one of the best travel destinations by those who do not mind them.
The student visa interview in the United States necessitates careful planning, documentation, and scheduling.
Why Study in the United States
- There are lots of top universities found in the United States, many of them continually ranking high in international university rankings.
- An international student may qualify for a 5-year stamped visa to study, grow, and work in the US.
- The United States tops every country in the QS world rankings. Out of 100 universities ranking, 33 universities are from the United States.
- You can also work and study in the United States, but there are some restrictions for those with F-1 and M-1 visas to work within the school campus in their freshman year.
- The world’s top technological country boasts some of the most significant institutions and universities. If you want to study in many sectors such as technology, medical, economics, finance, and research, the United States is the most acceptable option.
The QS World Ranking lists Harvard University, Stanford University, University of California, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Berkeley (UCB) and the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) as the best universities in the United States.
The United Kingdom
Due to the United Kingdom’s stringent immigration policies, international students have chosen not to study there.
But now things have changed, and the policies have been relaxed so international students can study in the United Kingdom.
Why Study in the United Kingdom
- The United Kingdom’s education system includes planned social events, international student societies, and outstanding academic assistance.
- Easy and quick visa and your spouse can apply with you.
- London is an ideal city for multinational businesses to establish their headquarters, and it is also an excellent location for school and work because you’ll be able to make connections.
- Scholarships are also available. You can apply for financial aid, which will help you pay for tuition.
If you want universities in London with many international students, these schools top the chart:
- The University College of London
- The London Metropolitan University
- The London School of Economics and Political Sciences
- The University of Westminster
- The Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
Australia is not a prominent place for Nigerian students actively looking for a study place, but it’s a favourite among students worldwide.
Australia is known for having great institutions. Their facilities are top-notch, which enhances accuracy in teaching.
Why Study in Australia
- Although the program quality and differences are nearly identical in Australia and the United Kingdom, the latter wins the race with the highest number of international students.
- There are more than 50 universities in the nation, with several of them ranking among the top 50 globally. English is widely spoken in Australia, making it simple for international students.
- MBA programs in Australia are among the best degrees in medical, engineering, environmental sciences, and other fields.
- You still have the possibility of getting PSW work right after your studies.
No need to fret over looking for the best universities in Australia, you can choose from these universities;
- Australian National
- University of Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- University of Adelaide
- University of Queensland