The WAEC syllabus for Auto Mechanics is the topic you must study to sit for the examination. It contains the aims and objectives, notes and format for the Auto Mechanics exam.
Studying the Auto Mechanics syllabus is necessary for your exam preparation. It will serve as a guide for you to know the topics to read. There are also notes on concepts you should pay attention to learning.
Exam preparations without using the Auto Mechanics syllabus are like going to the farm without your agricultural tools. You will end up not being productive.
Ensure you begin your exam preparations using the syllabus.
This post contains the Auto Mechanics syllabus and recommended textbooks of the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions. I will love to hear from you.
WAEC Auto Mechanics
There will be three papers, Papers1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 shall be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 1 hour for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: This will consist of five essay questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four questions in 1½ hours for 60 marks.
PAPER 3: Will consist of two practical tests both of which must be carried out by candidates in 2 hours for 100 marks.
For the practical test, schools will supply materials needed locally.
WAEC Auto Mechanics Syllabus
- Workshop Regulations And Safety
- Basic Tools, Instruments And Equipment
- The layout of a Motor Vehicle Engine
- Main Components
- Principles of Operation.
- Types Of Engine
- Crank Arrangement and Firing Order.
- Valve- Operating Mechanism
- Fuel Supply Systems
- Exhaust System Lubrication
- Cooling System
- Transmission System
- Clutch Assembly
- Propeller Shaft And Universal Joint.
- Rear Axle
- Wheels And Tyres
- Braking System
- Steering System
- Suspension System
- Electrical Systems
- Auto Wiring System
- Ignition System
- Starting System
- Charging System
- Lighting System
- Auxiliary Unit
- Fundamentals Of Electronics.
- Electronic Ignition
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Auto Air-Conditioning
- Safe Motoring
- Technology for Motor Mechanics Volumes 1 – 4 by S. C. Mudd (Edward Arnold Publishers).
- Vehicle and Engine Technology by Heinz Heister
- Motor Vehicle Technology and Practical Work by J. A. Dolan
- Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology by Hillier and Pittuck (4th Edition)
- Automobile Engine and Vehicle Technology by Ian Chisholm
- Motor Vehicle Technology (Books I and II) by R. W. Bent
- Motor Vehicle Mechanic’s Textbook by E. K. Sulley (New Edition)
- Highway Code
- Motor Vehicle Technology for Mechanics by P. P. J Read and V. C. Reid.