The WAEC syllabus for Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting is the topic you must study to sit for the examination. It contains the aims and objectives, notes and format for the Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting exam.
Studying the Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting syllabus is necessary for your exam preparation. It will serve as a guide for you to know the topics to read. There are also notes on concepts you should pay attention to learning.
Exam preparations without using the Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting syllabus are like going to the farm without your agricultural tools. You will end up not being productive.
Ensure you begin your exam preparations using the syllabus.
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions. I will love to hear from you.
WAEC Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be composite papers to be taken in one sitting.
Paper 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 1 hour for 40 marks.
Paper 2: This Will consist of five essay questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four in 1½ hours for 60 marks.
Paper 3: It will be a practical test of 3 hours, 10 minutes duration. It will consist of one compulsory question for 100 marks.
A list of materials for the test shall be made available to schools not less than two weeks before the paper is taken for material procurement and relevant preparations.
Alternative to Practical Test
Alternatively, in the event that materials for the actual practical test cannot be acquired, the Council may consider testing theoretically, candidates’ level of acquisition of the practical skills prescribed in the syllabus.
For this alternative test, there will be one question to be answered in 3 hours for 100 marks.
WAEC Auto Body Repairs and Spray Painting Syllabus
- Safety rules and regulations in Auto body repairs and spray painting.
- Tools and Equipment
- Basic Hand Tools
- Spray painting tools and equipment.
- Care and maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Materials for auto-body repairs and spray painting
- Auto-body Repairs materials.
- Spray painting materials.
- Type of metals.
- Heat treatment of metals.
- Oxy-acetylene welding and equipment.
- Auto body repair work
- Minor auto body repair.
- Major auto body repair.
- Aluminium panel repair.
- Plastic repairs.
- Spray painting:
- Spray gun and accessories.
- Surface preparation.
- Type of paints.
- Metallic paint.
- Auto body workshop business.
- The repair of vehicle bodies by Alan Robinson (3rd Edition).
- Fundamentals of vehicle bodywork by J. Fairbrother.
- Practical welding (The motivate series Mac-Milan texts for Industrial Vocational and Technical Education) by S. Gibson.
- Fundamentals of motor vehicle technology, chassis and body electronics (5th Edition) Book 1, 2, and 3 by Hilliers V. A. W. and David R. Rogers.
- Bodywork Maintenance and repair including interiors by Paul Browne.
- Automotive encyclopedia by Good heart-Willcox.
- Auto body repair and repainting by Bill Tobold.