Studying with the JAMB recommended textbook is the open secret to scoring high on your JAMB. These textbooks are the best materials to aid your UTME examination preparation.
Students make the mistake of using textbooks that are not JAMB recommended. This approach may not help you to pass your examination.
JAMB questions are set from the JAMB syllabus and recommended textbook. It is why you must use these resources to guide you as you study.
Note that it is not compulsory to get all the recommended textbooks. You can prepare for your JAMB examination with one textbook for every subject.
In this post, I have listed out all the JAMB recommended textbooks for Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics and other science subjects.
Let me know if you need any assistance with your JAMB examination.
Table of contents
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Chemistry
Here is the list of JAMB recommended textbooks for Chemistry;
- New School Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools, Ababio, O. Y. (2009), (Fourth edition),
Onitsha: Africana FIRST Publishers Limited.
- Senior Secondary Chemistry, Bajah, S.T.; Teibo, B. O., Onwu, G.; and Obikwere, A. Book 1 (1999), Books 2 and 3 (2000). Lagos: Longman.
- Understanding Chemistry for Schools and Colleges, Ojokuku, G. O. (2012, Revised Edition),
Zaria: Press-On Chemresources.
- Essential: Chemistry for Senior Secondary Schools, (2008), 2nd Edition, I. A. Odesina, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited.
- Countdown to WASSCE/SSCE, NECO, JME Chemistry, Uche, I. O.; Adenuga, I. J. and Iwuagwu, S. L. (2003). Ibadan: Evans.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Physics
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Physics;
- Ike, E. E (2014) Essential Principles of Physics, Jos ENIC Publishers.
- Ike, E. E (2014) Numerical Problems and Solutions in Physics, Jos, ENIC Publishers.
- Nelson, M (1977) Fundamentals of Physics, Great Britain: Hart Davis Education.
- Nelson, M and Parker Â… (1989) Advanced Level Physics (Sixth Edition), Heinemann.
- Okeke, P. N and Anyakoha, M. W (2000) Senior Secondary School Physics, Lagos, Pacific Printers.
- Olumuyionwa A. and Ogunkoya O. O (1992) Comprehensive Certificate Physics, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Biology
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Biology;
- Ndu, F.O. C. Ndu, Abun A. and Aina J.O. (2001) Senior Secondary School Biology: Books 1 -3, Lagos: Longman.
- Odunfa, S.A. (2001) Essential of Biology, Ibadan: Heinemann.
- Ogunniyi M.B. Adebisi A.A. and Okojie J.A. (2000) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools: Books 1 Â– 3, Macmillan.
- Ramalingam, S.T. (2005) Modern Biology, SS Science Series. New Edition, AFP
- Stan. (2004) Biology for Senior Secondary Schools. Revised Edition, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Stone R.H. and Cozens, A.B.C. (1982) Biology for West African Schools. Longman
- Usua, E.J. (1997) Handbook of practical Biology 2nd Edition, University Press, Limited
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Mathematics
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Mathematics;
- Adelodun A. A (2000) Distinction in Mathematics: Comprehensive Revision Text, (3rd Edition) Ado Â–Ekiti: FNPL.
- Anyebe, J. A. B (1998) Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools and Remedial Students in Higher/ institutions, Lagos: Kenny Moore.
- Channon, J. B. Smith, A. M (2001) New General Mathematics for West Africa SSS 1 to 3, Lagos: Longman.
- David Â–Osuagwu, M. et al (2000) New School Mathematics for Senior Secondary Schools, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publishers.
- Egbe. E et al (2000) Further Mathematics, Onitsha: Africana Â– FIRST Publishers.
- Ibude, S. O. et al (2003) Algebra and Calculus for Schools and Colleges: LINCEL Publishers.
- Tuttuh Â– Adegun M. R. et al (1997), Further Mathematics Project Books 1 to 3, Ibadan: NPS Educational.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Use of English
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Use of English;
- Attah, M. O. (2013). Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press.
- Bamgbose, A. (2002). English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004). New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003). Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011). Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996). Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000). Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998). Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbesan, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998). Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001). Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013). Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989). Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001). University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005). Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006). The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, Nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998). Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000). Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002). Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Agriculture
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Agriculture;
- Adeniyi, M. O. et al (1999) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Agricultural Science, Ibadan: Evans.
- Akinsanmi, A. O. (2000) Junior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
- Akinsanmi, O. A. (2000) Senior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman.
- Anthonio, Q. B. O. (1999) General Agriculture for West Africa, London:George Allen
- Are, L. A.et al (2010) Comprehensive Certificate Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary School, University Press Plc.
- Egbuna, C. K. et al (2014) Extension Modern Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools (2010), Extension Publication
- Emmanuel C. A. (2003) A Dictionary of Agriculture, Benue:Agitab Publisher Makurdi
- Falusi, A. O. and Adeleye, I. O. A (2000) Agricultural Science for Junior Secondary SchoolsBooks 1- 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje
- Komolafe, M. F., Adegbola, A. A., Are, L. A. and Ashaye, T. I. (2004) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools 1, 2 and 3,Ibadan: University Press Ltd.
- Philips T. A. (1986) Agricultural Notebook, Lagos: Longman
- STAN (1999) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools, Lagos: Longman
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Geography
Here is the list of the JAMB recommended textbooks for Geography;
- Adeleke, B.O. Areola .O. 2002 and Leong, G.C. Certificate Physical and Human Geography for Senior Secondary School (West African Edition), Ibadan: Oxford.
- Bradshaw, M. et al (2004) Contemporary World Regional Geography, New York: McGraw Hill
- Bunet, R.B and Okunrotifa, P.O.(1999) General Geography in Diagrams for West Africa, China: Longman.
- Collins New Secondary Atlas, Macmillan.
- Fellman, D. et al (2005) Introduction to Geography (Seventh Edition) New York: McGraw Hill.
- Getis, A. et al (2004) Introduction to Geography (Ninth Edition) New York: McGraw Hill
Iloeje, N. P(1999) A New Geography of West Africa, Hong Kong: Longman.
- Iloeje, N.P(1982) A New Geography of Nigeria (New Education), Hong Kong: London.
- Nimako, D.A. (2000) Map Reading of West Africa, Essex: Longman.
- Okunrotifa, P.O. and Michael S. (2000) A Regional Geography of Africa (New Edition), Essex: London.
- Udo, R.K(1970) Geographical Regions of Nigeria, London: Longman.
- Waugh, D. (1995) Geography an Integrated Approach (Second Edition).
- Adegoke M.A (2013), A Comprehensive Text on Physical, Human and Regional Geography.
30 thoughts on “JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Science Students 2023”
Hello,I’m a new guy in this group,I don’t know how you guys go about or how stuff is done here,but from what I’ve observed, It’s like umm,a platform where students ask questions right?so please if it’s so,I need a piece of advice from you am I permitted?
Welcome to Studentship.
Feel free to ask your questions. I will respond to every one of your inquiries.
how can i get textbook
You can get them at the bookshop.
Thank you very much
The links to download these textbooks should be available.
You must purchase the textbooks at the bookshop.
Gud evening from here am about writing my jamb what subject am i writing in architecture.
English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and any one of Chemistry, Geography, Economics, Biology, or Fine Arts.
sir please can you give me some compulsory topic ,that I have to read in other to pass jamb this year 2023??….
What subjects are you taking in JAMB?
My question goes like this, I’m a science student that’s looking forward to become a computer scientist. So next year will be my first time of writing ✍ JAMB ,as a counselor what advice can you give me in order for me to pass my JAMB with flying colour. I will like you to recommend textbook for me as a computer science student . I’m hoping my score should be below 300 / above 300 . I will be happy if you have answers to my questions. My addy is firstname.lastname@example.org
You’ll first of all have to choose an institution and find out the subject combination for that institution.
Then you can check out the recommended textbooks for the subject combination of the school.
Also, check out tips on how to pass JAMB successfully.
Sir, I got injured at work and I have only 7 fingers left can you advise me on what to do,I am a science student and just sat for my waec this year. I don’t know if you mind talking toe through my gmail
Which best University is the best for studying medicine either private or public
You can check out best universities for studying medicine and Surgery by clicking here.
Same for me
I keep reading it but I don’t seem to understand the topic
Do you have a close friend that understands the topic?
please I am having difficulties in solving the topic Friction
Can you indicate what is creating the difficulties for you in the topic?
Sir please I am in ss1 what text books are recommended for medicine and surgery students
The textbooks listed in this post are recommended for Medicine and Surgery applicants to the university.
I would love to study surgery .
Here are your top WAEC subject combination for Medicine and Surgery;
2. English Language
6. Agricultural Science
You can discuss with your teacher the other three (3) subjects to pick.
Sir pls I am in sss1 and am confused on the nine subjects to pick and I am also offering further maths.Is it right for me to wright my SSCE in sss2.
Hello Miracle, I hope things are going well at your end?
What do you plan to study outside school? That would guide you on the right subjects to choose in your SSCE exams.
It is not wrong to take the SSCE exams in SSS2 if you are ready.
Sir pls I am in sss1 and am confused on the nine subjects to pick and I am also offering further maths.Is it right for me to wright my SSCE in sss2.I would love to study surgery in school.
Pls sir I will like to write jamb so I want to know what to read
Read how to study and pass the JAMB exam excellently.