The Federal University of Technology, Owerri invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for considerations for admission into her restructured six years intensive Weekend Programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) degree.
Table of contents
The following Admission Requirements apply uniformly in addition to the specified School/Departmental Requirements.
Candidates must possess the University matriculation requirement of five (5) O’ Level credit passes including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in WASC, WASSCE, GCE, NECO or NABTEB.
Candidates must have a minimum score of 180 in the Joint Admission Matriculations Board (JAMB) Examinations.
FUTO Undergraduate Weekend Programmes and Entry Requirements
1.0 SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE AND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY (SAAT)
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agricultural Extension
- Department of Animal Science and Technology
- Department of Crop Science and Technology
- Department of Soil Science and Technology
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Forestry and Wild Life
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Biology (Agricultural Science), Chemistry, Mathematics, and any other science subject. At least a Pass is required in Physics.
2.0 SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (SOBS)
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Biology
- Department of Microbiology
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
3.0 School of Physical Sciences (SOPS)
- Department of Geology
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Science Laboratory Technology
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other science subject. At least a Pass is required in Biology, except for the Department of Science Laboratory Technology where a credit Pass in Biology is a requirement.
4.0 SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (SCIT)
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Computer Science.
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and any other science subject. At least a Pass is required in Biology
5.0 School of Health Technology
- Department of Public Health Technology
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
6.0 School of Environmental Science (SOES)
- Department of Environmental Management
Five O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
The minimum duration of the Programme is 6 years
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable Application Fee of Eleven Thousand, Three Hundred Naira (11,300.00) only, in any bank via Remita.
Method of Application
To apply, follow the steps outlined below:
- Visit the University website:www.futo.edu.ng
- Click on Prospective students.
- Click on the link; “FUTO Weekend Programme Application”.
- Enter your Phone Number to generate a Payment Invoice containing the Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR).
- Proceed to any Bank with the payment invoice OR simply pay with your ATM Card.
- Return to the Application page and enter your Phone Number again.
- Proceed with the completion of the form.
- Correctly enter your O’ Level result details.
- Confirm your entries.
- Submit your application.
- Print out your acknowledgement slip.
- Await further communication from the University.
You must enter a valid mobile number and e-mail address for further communications. Any candidate who fails to successfully submit his application online would not be considered for admission.
For support, contact:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Hotline: 08139833300, 08060421325