Canadian Mennonite University Admission Requirements for Nigerian Students

High School Credential
Senior Secondary School Certificate issued by West African Examinations Council. Require WAEC/NECO scratch card.

Minimum High School Grade Average
English with a minimum of B3, and 4 other passes with a minimum of C4.

Minimum University/College Transfer Grade
50; 2.4 GPA; Second Class Honors (Lower); B from a Recognized University (not College or Polytechnic)

English Language Proficiency

  • If the high school English grade is lower than a ‘B3’ or if the applicant completed high school more than 3 years ago, English proficiency exam results are REQUIRED (See acceptable tests).
  • English Language Proficiency Exam results must be less than 2 years old.

Graduate Entrance Requirements

Canadian/USA University:  Bachelor degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0. See admission requirements for your specific program.

Nigeria: Bachelor degree with a minimum average of 80% or B or 3.2 GPA from Recognized University (not College or Polytechnic). See admission requirements for your specific program.

All graduate programs require references.  See admission requirements for your specific program.  References should include both the reference form and a letter of reference, printed on letter-head that responds to the questions on the form with both specific recommendations and the evidence on which those recommendations are based.  References should be sent directly by the referee.  References submitted by an applicant will not be accepted.

English Language Proficiency:

  • English Language Proficiency Exam results REQUIRED (See acceptable tests).
  • English Language Proficiency Exam results must be less than 2 years old.
  • May be exempt if applicant graduated with a post-secondary degree, offered in English, from a recognized University (not College or Polytechnic) within the last 5 years.

What students need to study in Canada:

  • Study Permit
  • eTA or Visitor Visa

(See Canadian Immigration website for more information)

Important Notes

  • International Deposit. All undergraduate international students are required to submit an advance deposit, equivalent to one semester of tuition, meals, lodging, and health insurance.  Please see the International Student Payment policy for amounts, due dates and other details.
  • CMU accepts only official transcripts sent to us directly by the Institution/School or a new, unused, WAEC/NECO scratch card. We will not accept scans, photos, photocopies of any transcripts sent to us by the applicant.
Share on:

Your go-to education blogger, offering practical strategies, expert advice, and educational resources to help students thrive academically and unlock their full potential.

Leave a Comment