Accounting/Accountancy is a four (4) years professional course in Nigerian universities. It is a lucrative course to study if you have a passion for finance and related fields.
Accounting as a course involves calculations, putting numbers together for financial institutions.
The following are the stress areas in accountancy;
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Management Information System
- Public Sector Accounting
- Quantitative Techniques
- Project/Research in Accounting
This post contains the list of Universities in Nigeria accredited by JAMB to offer the Accounting/Accountancy programme.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Federal University Offering Accountancy in Nigeria
Here is the list of Federal Universities in Nigeria offering Accounting/Accountancy;
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU Zaria)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- Usman Danfodio University (UDUS)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria (UNN)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Federal University of Kashere (FED-KASHERE)
- Federal University Oye Ekiti (FED-OYE EKITI)
- Federal University Wukari (FED-DUTSINMA)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Federal University of Lafia (FULafia)
State University Offering Accounting in Nigeria
Here is the list of State Universities offering Accounting/Accountancy in Nigeria;
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA)
- University of Osun (UNIOSUN)
- Abia State University (ABSU)
- Bauchi State University (BASU)
- Benue State University (BSU)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU)
- Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Imo State University (IMSU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Plateau State University (PLASU)
- Rivers State University (RSU)
Private University Offering Accounting in Nigeria
Here is the list of Private Universities offering Accounting/Accountancy in Nigeria;
- Caritas University (CARITAS)
- Western Delta University (WESTERN-DEL)
- Wellspring University (WELLSPRING)
- Nile University of Nigeria (NILE)
- Igbinedion University (IGBINEDION)
- Evangel University
- America University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Kwararafa University (KWARARAFA)
- Madonna University
- McPherson UniversityELIZADE
- Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Samuel Adegboyaga University (SAU)
- Eastern Palm University (EPU)
- University of Mkar
- Lead City University
6 thoughts on “List of Universities That Offer Accounting in Nigeria 2023”
Can I study accounting without civil cause I don’t do well in civil
See the subject combination for Accounting here.
can i study accounting the o’level of
See the correct subject combination for Accounting here.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Sir can I study accounting without government because I didn’t do well in my government today and I want to study accounting
Check the subject combination for Accounting here.
Let me know if you have further questions.