Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND), Professional Diploma in Building Technology and Urban and Regional Planning programmes of the Polytechnic for the 2022/2023 Academic session.
Table of contents
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Admission Requirements
- Professional Diploma in Building Technology
- Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning
- Method of Application
Higher National Diploma (HND)
Higher National Diploma programmes are available in the following disciplines:
School of Applied Sciences and Technology (SAST)
- Food Technology
- Hospitality Management
- Physical Science Laboratory Technology:
- Chemistry Option
- Chemistry/Biochemistry Option
- Physics/ Electronics Option
- Biological Science Laboratory Technology:
- Biology/Microbiology Option
- Microbiology Option
School of Arts and Industrial Design (SART)
- Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
School of Business Studies (SBS)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Public Administration
School of Engineering Technology (SENG)
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology:
- Farm Power and Machinery Option
- Soil and Water Option
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology:
- Electronics/Telecommunication Option
- Power/Machines Option
- Mechanical Engineering Technology:
- Manufacturing Option
- Power/Plant Option
- Minerals and Petroleum Resources Engineering Technology:
- Geological Engineering Technology Option
- Mining Engineering Technology Option
- Polymer Technology
School of Environmental Studies (SENV)
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban & Regional Planning
School of Information and Communication Technology (SICT)
- Computer Science
- Mass Communication:
- Broadcast Option
- Print Option
- Office Technology & Management
Higher National Diploma (HND)
- Candidates for any of the Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes must possess the National Diploma (ND) of the Polytechnic or equivalent qualification from similar institutions whose programmes have earned NBTE accreditation.
- Candidates must possess a National Diploma Certificate in the course they intend to pursue at the Higher National Diploma level.
- All candidates seeking admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes of the Polytechnic must ensure that they were offered admission through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Any candidate that does not have an admission letter and registration number from JAMB for the National Diploma programme is ineligible for admission into the Higher National Diploma programmes, as such persons may not be mobilized for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Scheme.
- In addition to specific departmental requirements, candidates must possess five (5) Ordinary Level credit passes at one sitting or six (6) Ordinary Level credit passes at two (2) sittings, which must include Mathematics and English Language in WAEC, NECO or NABTEB examination.
- Also, candidates must have at least one year Post National Diploma (ND) Industrial Experience (IT) or two (2) years Post National Diploma Industrial Experience for candidates with a pass grade at the National Diploma level.
- Academic transcripts from the candidates’ Institutions (except for graduates of Auchi Polytechnic) must be submitted before the Higher National Diploma admission application will be processed.
- Candidates should note that any student found deficient in the relevant requirements after the admission offer will be withdrawn from the institution.
- A credit pass in Literature in English at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Mass Communication.
- A credit pass in Economics at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Accountancy.
- A credit pass in Economics or Commerce at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Business Administration.
- A credit pass in Economics at O’level is compulsory for candidates seeking admission into the Department of Estate Management & Valuation. At the same time, the Department of Urban and Regional Planning requires a credit pass in Economics or Geography.
(check for other Departmental requirements)
Professional Diploma in Building Technology
- Candidates must possess a minimum of a lower credit pass in the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Building Technology obtained from an institution whose programme has earned NBTE accreditation or equivalent qualification.
- Satisfactory completion of NYSC or Evidence of Exemption from the programme.
- The duration of a full-time course is eighteen (18) calendar months, i.e., at least three (3) semesters.
Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning
A minimum of upper credit in Urban and Regional Planning in Higher National Diploma (HND) from Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi or any recognized institution whose programmes are accredited by NBTE, and satisfactory completion of NYSC, or a lower credit plus two years post qualification cognate experience and satisfactory completion of NYSC.
Method of Application
Application forms will be completed online via the Polytechnic website: www.auchipoly.edu.ng.
All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application and screening fee of Twenty thousand (₦20,000.00) Naira only in favour of Auchi Polytechnic Treasury Single Account (TSA).
Read and follow the steps below carefully.
- Open your web browser and type Auchi Polytechnic URL: www.auchipoly.edu.ng to display the Auchi Polytechnic web page. Select the desired portal (morning, evening or degree).
- Click on the link. Apply for 2021/2022 Auchi Polytechnic HND OR PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA as it applies to you.
- The application form request will display.
- Carefully complete the application form. Ensure that you provide all required information correctly.
- NOTE: Provide a username (Preferably your phone number) and a password. Write your username and password in a safe place because you will need them for subsequent logins. Then click Generate Remita Retrieval Reference.
- Take the generated REMITA RETRIEVAL REFERENCE (RRR) to the designated bank and request that your payment is processed on the REMITA platform. You can also make payments on any REMITA approved payment channels. Allow a couple of hours for your payment to be processed before returning to the portal to continue with your application.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on Continue with my Application Form.
- Complete the application form carefully. Ensure that you provide the required information correctly, as false information may invalidate your application. Upload your passport photograph and the required scanned copies of your credentials.
- Print a copy of the acknowledgement slip and two copies of the application form.
- Print a copy of the application summary sheet.
- Enclose two (2) sets of photocopies of your credentials; e-receipt of remita payment, birth certificate and two (2) recent passport-sized photographs to the forms in an envelope.
Any payment procedure generated and processed on any other platform for admissions into Auchi polytechnic, Auchi is invalid.
All payment procedures must originate from the auchipoly.edu.ng portal. The portal is already integrated with the remita payment platform.
If you have any difficulty in completing the application form, please call or send a text to the GSM number 08182284195 or e-mail [email protected] (between 9a.m and 4p.m week days only)
Eshiotse F.I. (Mrs),
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.