The JAMB Government syllabus is the topic you must study for the UTME examination.
Using the JAMB syllabus to study for your examination is the open secret to getting a high score.
The JAMB Government syllabus also contains objectives for each topic. These objectives are what you must know for every topic you study.
This post contains the complete list of topics in the JAMB Government syllabus.
Let me know in the comment section if you have any questions.
JAMB Syllabus for Goverment
Part I: Elements of Government
- Arms of Government
- Basic Concepts in Government
- Forms of Government
- Political Ideologies
- Political Parties and Party Systems
- Pressure Groups
- Principles of Democratic Government
- Processes of Legislation
- Public Opinion
- Structures of Governance
- Systems of Governance
- The Civil Service
- The Electoral Process
Part ii: Political Development in Nigeria
- Constitutional Development in Nigeria
- Imperialist Penetration
- Institutions of Government in The Post-Independence Nigeria
- Local Government
- Political Parties and Party Politics in Post-Independence Nigeria
- Post-Independence Constitutions
- Pre-Colonial Polities
- Process of Decolonization
- Public Commissions Established by The 1979 And Subsequent Constitutions
- Public Corporations and Parastatals
- The Military in Nigerian Politics
- The Structure and Workings of Nigerian Federalism
Part iii: Foreign Policy and Nigeria’s Relations with The International Community
- Foreign Policy
- Nigeria in International Organizations
- Nigeria’s Foreign Policy
- Relations with African Countries
Part iv: International Organizations
Candidates should be able to:
i. evaluate the operations of these international organizations.
ii. assess the role of these organizations in world affairs.
iii. appreciate the challenges of these organizations and how they can be overcome.
(b) OAU, AU.
(f) African Petroleum Producers Association.
– Origin, objectives, structure, functions, achievements, problems and prospects of these organizations.
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Government
- Adigwe, F (1985) Essentials of Government for West Africa , Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Anifowose, R and Enemuo, F. C (eds)(1999) Elements of Politics , Lagos; Malthouse Press Limited.
- Appadorai, A. (1978) The Substance of Politics , London: Oxford University Press.
- Ball, A. R. (1983) Modern Politics and Government , London: Macmillan.
- Ofoegbu, R. (1977) Government for the Certificate Year , London: George Allen and Unwin.
- Olawale, J. B (1987) New Topics on Ordinary Level Government , Ilesha: Jola Publishing.
- Oyediran, O. Nwosu, H., Takaya, B., Anifowoshe, R., Femi, B., Godwill, O. and Adigun, A. (1990) Government for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1, 2 and 3 , Ibadan: Longman.
- Oyeneye, I., Onyenwenu, M. and Olusunde, B. E. (2000) Round-Up Government for Senior Secondary School Certifcate Examination: A Complete Guide , Ibadan: Longman.
- Oyovbaire, S., Ogunna, A. E. C., Amucheazi, E. C., Coker, H. O. and Oshuntuyi, O. (2001) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Government , Ibadan: Evans.
13 thoughts on “JAMB Syllabus for Government 2023/2024”
Seriously am seating for jamb this yeah 2023 and i have been written it pls ,I want favour this year how will I do or how will u guys help me out pls.
Read my comprehensive guide about preparing and passing the JAMB exam excellently here.
Let me know if you have any further questions. I will love to assist.
thanks for the syllabus sir
It was quite useful ,i appreciate🙏🙏
What is de current cut off mark for law and theater art in funai
The cut off mark has not been released.
Are you sitting for the JAMB exam?
Please is this for 2022/2023
I WANT TO JOIN YAHOO BOY