The Omaplex Virtual Internship Program (OVIP) is a borderless initiative, designed to help law students acquire knowledge and practical skills in key areas within the Nigerian Legal System from anywhere in the world.
The Omaplex Law School Scholarship is a project that aims to grant full-tuition scholarships to exceptional, disadvantaged and indigent Nigerian law students to study at the Nigerian Law School.
Africa, particularly Nigeria, is endowed with a wealth of human and natural resources; we have been gifted with great minds who have the desire to succeed and the determination to put in all that is required.
However, it is common knowledge that due to financial constraints, some of these worthy individuals may struggle to reach some success.
Around the world, people are needed to take up the mantle of leadership and proffer significant solutions to global concerns.
With this in mind, it has become the Omaplex Foundation’s purpose to take up this tremendous task by catering to one legal mind after another, ensuring that, to the best of its capacity, the financial burden of attending the Nigerian Law School is reduced for deserving law students.
The Omaplex Law School Scholarship was founded on the premise that financial challenges should not be a limiting factor in achieving one’s dreams.
As such, everyone should be given the opportunity to thrive in their chosen careers.
The scholarships are awarded based on the individual’s intellectual capacity, leadership potential, and willingness to utilize their knowledge to contribute to Nigerian society by serving their community using their competence and expertise to better the lives of others.
The following are the objectives of the program:
- To provide financial assistance to deserving students who have demonstrated academic excellence to acquire quality education.
- To provide the necessary support and guidance to scholars.
- To implement a functional and continuing scholarship program where the Body of Senior Advocates can provide intending lawyers with opportunities to access quality education regardless of their background or circumstance.
- To expose budding lawyers to the work processes of the legal industry while also building the necessary competencies and skills to excel in global trends.
- Exposing interns to valuable opportunities for learning and growth.
- To expose budding lawyers to futuristic skills which shall be in high demand and other emerging areas of law.
- To gain practical operations in the legal business by carrying out basic activities that include mastering the skill of proofreading documents, drafting, presentations/proposals, research, sorting through documents, proffering practical solutions to issues and other valuable information that will be helpful in actualizing their personal goal(s) and building competencies and skills.
To qualify for the scholarship;
- Applicants must be 25 years old and below;
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate studies from the catchment area listed in that year.
- Applicants must have an Honours Degree; Second-Class (Upper Division) and above.
- Applicants must have been shortlisted to attend the Nigerian Law School at the time of this application.
- Applicants must submit a short essay of not more than 250 words explaining why he/she deserves this scholarship.
Frequency and Renewal: The scholarship is a one-time payment each year and will not be renewed.
Grant Size: Full Tuition.
- University Certificate/ Statement of Result
- Undergraduate School ID card
- Law School Admission Notification
- Previous Law School Application Forms (where applicable)
- Birth Certificate
To have the scholarship recipients be part of the best graduating students from law school.
To have Senior Advocates of Nigeria, Judges and other private individuals or organizations partner or collaborate with Omaplex Foundation on achieving its objectives.
Deadline: Application starts 1st August.
Selected Applicants will be announced at a later date.
Application: Apply using the “Apply now” button below.