Business School is a postgraduate school that offers academic programmes in business administration, executive and management programmes, etc.
Studying at a business school has the advantage of boosting your career, building a network, learning to lead, grow as a person.
The business schools in Nigeria offer high-quality courses for master’s and doctoral programmes.
A few things to consider before choosing to study at a Business School in Nigeria are;
- Your Location
- Academic Standard
- School Fees
- Network Opportunities
Federal, State and Private universities in Nigeria offer admission for various Business School programmes.
The duration of Business School in Nigeria is between one (1) to six (6) years, depending on the school and programme of choice.
This post is about the list and best accredited Business Schools in Nigeria. I have also included their locations for an easy decision for admission application.
Let me know in the comment box if you have any questions or need further assistance. I would love to hear from you.
Table of contents
- List of Business Schools in Nigeria
- UNN Business School
- Lagos Business School
- University of Lagos Business School
- University of Ibadan Business School
- Unicaribbean Business School Nigeria
- UNIZIK Business Business School
- University of Ilorin Business School
- ESUT Business School
- International School of Management (ISM)
List of Business Schools in Nigeria
The following is the list of Business Schools in Nigeria and their locations;
|Business School in Nigeria||Location|
|University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Business School||Enugu|
|Lagos Business School||Lekki|
|University of Lagos Business School||Lagos|
|Ibadan Business School||Ibadan|
|University of Ibadan Business School||Ibadan|
|Unicaribbean Business School Nigeria||Ikorodu|
|GPE Business School||Enugu|
|Kaduna Business School||Kaduna|
|UNIZIK Business School||Awka|
|University of Ilorin Business School||Ilorin|
|Obafemi Awolowo University Executive MBA||Ile-Ife|
|Business School Netherlands (BSN) Nigeria||Ikeja|
|Dangote Business School||Kano|
|ABU Zaria Business School||Zaria|
|African Business School (ABS)||Abuja|
|The Executive Business School||Ikeja|
|ESUT Business School||Enugu|
|University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Business School||Port Harcourt|
|GPE Business School||Enugu|
|West Africa Business School||Ikeja|
|MSME Business School||Abuja|
|International School of Management (ISM)||Lagos|
|Concord Business School||Abuja|
|Jos Business School||Jos|
|Bowell Business School||Lagos|
|Delta Business School, Lagos||Ikeja|
|Rome Business School Nigeria||Ikeja|
UNN Business School
The UNN Business School offers high-quality professional Master’s and Doctoral programmes, short-term training, and research-based consultancies and satisfies customized needs on requests of clients.
The School is physically located at the Enugu Campus of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Executive Masters
- Short Term Certificates
- Executive Doctorate Degrees
For all Executive programmes (Executive MBA and other Masters and Executive DBA and other Doctorates);
Students are admitted into the various programmes twice a year, in April and October.
- April Admissions: Online application for admission starts in November of the previous year and ends in March of the current year. Lectures commence in April.
- October Admissions: Application for admission starts in May and ends in September of the current year. Lectures commence in October.
Distant Learning Programmes
- Case Project Report
- Agricultural Value Chain, Cooperatives and Trading
- Seminar on Leadership Management
Lagos Business School
Lagos Business School is changing the face of business locally and globally, by developing business professionals with high standards of business ethics, professionalism and deep knowledge of general management practices.
Lagos Business School (LBS) is the graduate business school of Pan-Atlantic University, owned by the Pan-Atlantic University Foundation (PAUF), a non-profit foundation registered in Nigeria.
LBS offers academic programmes, executive programmes and short courses (customised to specific company needs, as well as open-enrolment courses) in management.
Its offerings have been accredited globally and ranked among the best in Africa, as it systematically strives to improve the practice of management on the continent.
The business school’s efforts have been recognised by several world-class accreditations and rankings.
Besides the quality bar set at world standards, LBS programmes also stand out because of the emphasis on professional ethics and service to the community.
- Accounting, Economics, Finance
- Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Social and Political Environment of Business & Business Law
- Operations, Marketing, Information Systems
- Organisational Behaviour, Management Communication, Negotiation and HRM
- General (Business Ethics and Decision Analysis)
Master of Business Administration Programmes
- Executive MBA
- Modular Executive MBA
- Modular MBA
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Doctor of Business Administration
- A master’s degree (MBA or MSc) with at least an average of ‘B’ grade i.e. 60%
- A good pre-admission research proposal.Proposal Criteria:4000 – 5000-word proposal on a thesis topic. (The proposal must include: Research Objectives, Statement of the Problem, Justification of the Study, Review of Relevant Literature, Methodology, and Referencing should be in APA style)
- Satisfactory evaluation of the candidate’s intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity, and motivation for work through an interview.
- Minimum of eight years of professional experience (at least six of which must be a managerial or supervisory role).
University of Lagos Business School
The University of Lagos (ULBS) gives students the experience, leadership skills and networking opportunities they need to succeed in business.
At ULBS, students have the opportunity to be mentored by local business leaders, gain international experience through exchange opportunities and earn real-world, work experience in our business/industrial development programme before graduating.
The ULBS aims to be a centre of excellence, committed to the training and development of global managers and leaders, whilst providing a challenging and highly rewarding educational experience in a world-class setting.
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
Professional Masters Degree
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Online Master of Business Administration (Online MBA).
- Executive Master of Non-Interest (Islamic) Finance (EMNIF)
- Executive Master of Public Health (EMPH)
- Executive Master of Risk Management (EMRM).
- Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA)
- Executive Master of Maritime Administration and Management (MAM)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) Project Management
- Executive Master of Business Administration (MBA) Oil & Gas
- Executive Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MIE)
- Executive Master of Primary Healthcare (PCH)
Short Courses (Certificates& Diploma)
Business of Entertainment, Media, Fashion & Sports (BEMFS) Executive Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Non-Interest (Islamic) Finance (PGDNIF)
Executive Diploma in Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Executive Business Strategy and Policy (BSaP)
- Executive Diploma in Change Management and Organisational Development (CMOD)
- Executive Health Care Management (HCM)
- Executive Stress Management Strategy (SMS)
- Executive Project Management (PM)
- Executive Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Executive Conflict Management and Resolution (CMR)
- Management Programme for Entrepreneurs and Family Businesses (MPEFB)
- Artificial Intelligence in Business (AIB)
- Management Programme for Top University Administrators and Principal Officers.
- Executive Strategic Thinking
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Workplace of the Future
- Legislative Leadership Programme (LLP)
University of Ibadan Business School
The University of Ibadan School of Business (UISB) is part of the University of Ibadan and reflects all aspects of the life of the institution.
The UISB trains existing and potential managers and builds leadership to handle current business challenges.
We consult and directly partner with the relevant agents in the private and public sectors as well as other institutions, for teaching, research, consultancy, and community development.
- Consultancy and Research
- Executive MBA
Unicaribbean Business School Nigeria
Unicaribbean Business School offers long and short course programs, Gain the advanced business skills you need now.
These certificates, diplomas and Post Graduate Diplomas (PGD), MBA, DBA & Executives MBA allow you to focus on precise business disciplines, and all in a way that fits around your life.
Certificates can be completed in 8-15weeks, and diplomas take 9-18months.
- Digital Media & Marketing Communications
- Business Information Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Investment and Banking
- Marketing and Sales
- Entrepreneurship and Management
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Risk Management and Education Management
- Computer and Engineering Service Management
UNIZIK Business Business School
UNIZIK Business School, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State, is a school with a vision of breaking new grounds in Business and leadership training, and, becoming a management centre of excellence.
Its vision is to galvanize the plethora of businesses and leadership talents that abound in emerging economies such as ours, properly re-orient and galvanize them towards assuming a respectable global position, while contributing to the improvement of the local business environment.
- Doctoral Programmes
- Masters Programmes
- Post-Graduate Diplomas
- Certificate Programme
University of Ilorin Business School
Ilorin Business School is established to develop highly skilled Professionals in Management and all other innovative areas of specialization for the public, private and international organizations.
- Accounting and Data processing (DADP)
- Administrative Management (DAM)
- Arabic and Islamic Studies (DAI)
- Arts and Craft (DA&C)
- Computer Science (DCS)
- Crime Control Management (DCCM)
- Financial Studies (DFS)
- Fitness Instruction and Exercise Therapy (DFI & ET)
- Management Studies (DMS)
- Marketing and Logistics (DM&L)
- Money and Banking (DM&B)
- Photography (DPH)
- Social Administration (DSA)
- Sports Administration and Coach (DSA&C)
- Statistics (DS)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) Executive
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) Part-Time
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) Regular
- Master in Geographical Information System (MGIS)
- Master in Industrial and Labour Relation (MILR)
- Master of International Studies (MIS)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Master in Health Planning and Management (MHPM)
- Master in Information Technology (MIT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management (PGDSM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographical Information System (PGDGIS)
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Affairs and Diplomacy (PGDIAD)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing and Logistics (PGDM&L)
ESUT Business School
ESUT Business School (EBS) is the outcome of a strategic collaboration between the ESUT Business Council (EBC) and Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
The overriding philosophy of the Council is to maintain a permanent linkage between ESUT and industries, exploit the potentials of both and create a fertile ground to bring the practice to bear on theory.
The EBS is the most visible, unique and pace-setting achievement of the EBC. It is the first of its kind in this part of the world and the first coordinated attempt by the business community to intervene in our educational system at that level.
- Executive MBA
- Executive MPA
International School of Management (ISM)
The International School of Management (ISM), Lagos is a Nigerian business school approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and the Lagos State Agency for Mass Education.
ISM offers a suite of academic and professional development programmes across different areas and specialisations in business and management.
As a Nigerian business school with enviable global exposure, we form extensive alliances and partnerships with prestigious academic and professional institutions across the globe.
- Accounting and Finance
- Executive Business Management
- Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Marketing and Operations Management
- Personal and Service Efficiency
- Research and Sector Specific