Admission into the 2021/2022 academic session for the joint universities preliminary examinations board (foundation) and pre-degree (basic) programmes are currently ongoing.
The foundation programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) Certificate which shall enable candidates to gain Direct Entry admission into 200 levels of the disciplines offered by FUPRE and other Universities in Nigeria abroad.
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level General Certificate of Education (A`GCE), Higher School Certificate (HSC) or Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB).
Candidates who successfully complete the programme shall also enjoy the privilege of being admitted into JUPEB affiliated institutions. The duration of the programme is one academic session of two (2) semesters.
For admission into FUPRE and other affiliate institutions, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examination, must obtain the Direct Entry form and satisfy all admission requirements prescribed by the Departments and Colleges of choice.
O’Level Requirements for Admission
Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
The pre-degree (basic) programme aims at
- Improving prospective students’ performance in the WASC/NECO/GCE and equivalent examinations to meet the admission requirements in the Science and Engineering programmes.
- Prepare candidates adequately for UTME examination to enhance their chances of admission into these programmes.
- Improve the quality of candidates seeking admission to 100 level in FUPRE programmes.
The programme is an intensive nine (9) months teaching and coaching lessons in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Admission to FUPRE 100 Level disciplines will be based on the average of the final Basic Studies Examination and Jamb Scores.
- Candidates awaiting their WAEC or NECO results can also apply.
O’Level Requirement for Admission
Candidate must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects including English Languages and Mathematics in not more than two (2) examination Sittings.
NOTE: STUDENTS CAN FIND THE SPECIALIZED PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE TO THEM ON THE UNIVERSITY WEBSITE AT www.fupre.edu.ng
NOTE: students are to:
- Come to the Sub-degree office immediately after the purchase of the application form for further registration.
- Collect pin code at the Sub-degree office before payment of acceptance fee.