Medical Radiography is a lucrative course to study in Nigeria. This course is under the College of Medicine in Nigerian universities.
The duration of Radiological Science in Nigeria is five (5) years.
It is a good choice for students who want to have a career in the medical world.
You can only study Radiography at the university in Nigeria. Colleges of Health Technology in Nigeria offer Image Processing. Polytechnics do not offer Radiological Sciences.
In this post, I will give you the list of Federal, State and Private Universities in Nigeria that offer Medical Radiography in Nigeria.
Table of contents
Universities Offering Radiography in Nigeria
Nine (9) Universities offer Radiography in Nigeria.
Here is the list of Federal Universities offering Medical Radiography in Nigeria;
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (ABU Zaria)
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- Nnamdi Aizikwe University (UNIZIK)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Usman Danfodio University (UDUS)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
There is no State or Private University offering Medical Radiography in Nigeria.
Here is the requirement to gain admission for Radiography in Nigerian universities;
Five O’level credit passes at not more than two sittings in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Mathematics in Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, plus an appropriate pass in the JAMB and any other examination that may be conducted by the University.
Direct entry will join the program in the second year.
- Candidates for direct entry must possess at least two G.C.E. “A” Level passes in Physics, Chemistry, or Biology, Plus 5 credits at O’level as defined in the UTME admission above.
- Other Qualifications: B.Sc. or M.Sc. Degree in relevant fields in addition to an acceptable pass in any other examination that may be conducted by the University.
Radiography Course Duration
The duration of Radiography in Nigerian Universities is five (5) years. Graduates of this course would proceed to a one (1) internship program and then the NYSC program.
There are job opportunities for graduates of Medical Radiography in Teaching Hospitals, General Hospitals, Specialist Hospitals, Health Clinics, Private establishments, and self-employed establishments in related industries in Nigeria and abroad.