Bayero University, Kano (BUK) is a prestigious institution of higher learning located in Kano, Nigeria. Known for its academic excellence and commitment to producing well-rounded graduates, BUK offers a wide range of undergraduate programs across various fields of study.
As a newly admitted student, one of the essential processes you will go through is the first-year clearance, which involves submitting certain documents and following specific procedures to ensure your official enrollment in the university.
The first-year clearance process at Bayero University, Kano, is designed to verify the authenticity of your admission and gather all the necessary information to facilitate your academic journey.
It is crucial to complete this clearance to gain full access to the university’s resources, such as registration for courses, library services, and student welfare activities.
During the clearance process, you will be required to provide various documents to the university authorities.
These documents typically include the following;
- Your admission letter
- Original and photocopies of your academic qualifications (such as your high school certificate or transcript)
- Birth certificate or declaration of age
- State of origin certificate
- And other relevant identification documents.
Ensuring that all documents are valid, up-to-date, and in line with the university’s requirements is essential.
Bayero University Undergraduate Screening Exercise
Newly admitted students to BUK should kindly use the following link to screen
Students are expected to:
- Step 1: Clear with Jamb by accepting and printing the JAMB Admission letter.
- Step 2: Login here with their Jamb Number, State of origin and gender to check Admission status.
- Step 3: Download the BUK Admission letter, Undertaking here and University Health Services Registration Form here
- Step 4: Generate, download and print a BUK Personalized Payment Form (BUKPPF).
- The acceptance fee of Ten Thousand naira (₦10,000.00) is reflected on the student’s BUKPPF, to be paid using Remita e-Payments and e-Collection platforms.
Make sure you carefully read, understand and follow the payment procedure, as BUK will not be liable for any loss of funds as a result of incorrect data entry, which may lead to unnecessary delay in validating and processing of payment. The students can validate payment by clicking check payment status on the payment page.
Note: All fees are not refundable after payment.
Step 5: Upload the following documents in jpg format (Size must be less than 1MB):
- Jamb Slip
- Jamb Admission Letter
- O Level Result
- A Level Result (DE Candidates only)
- Any other relevant document(s)
- The above document(s) may be rejected due to poor quality or otherwise. However, Candidates are expected to re-upload a clearer copy if any of the documents are rejected.
- For inquiries/complaint(s), Candidates are to use the message box icon on the right side of the site.
- After this step, Candidates may experience a delay of 12 to 24 hours while awaiting documents to be approved.
Step 6: Print the Acknowledgement Slip, which contains the registration number and further instructions to be followed for the registration and documentation.
Note: In step 5 above, students may experience a delay of 12 to 24 hours while awaiting documents to be approved.
Step 7: After successfully completing the above steps, students are to proceed with registration here for the online registration exercise.
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.