Within the framework of the Erasmus+ program (Key Action 107), the Universidad de León has been the beneficiary of a grant destined to finance mobility stays during the 2022/2023 academic year.
Under the 2020-1-ES01-KA107-080449 project and in partnership with the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Nigeria), the Vice Rectorate for Internationalisation of the Universidad de León offers 4 grants for students from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka to study at the Universidad de León.
- Applicants must be official postgraduate degree students at University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Applicants must have spent at least one year in the postgraduate programme.
- High motivation and excellent academic performance are required.
- Students that have been beneficiaries of an Erasmus+ grant previously, must not exceed the 12 month scholarship period limit for undergraduate studies.
- Knowledge of Spanish or English at level B1 is essential.
- Mobility must be completed before the end of July 2023.
- Beneficiaries will need to take an accident and emergency insurance that covers the duration of their mobility, we require the On-campus insurance for their extensive coverage.
- Every mobility should have the possibility of academic recognition.
Each grant will be financed as follows:
- Individual support: 850€ per month.
- Travel expenses:530€.
Duration of the Mobility
The period of stay comprises a minimum of 3 months and up to a maximum of 5months.
Interested candidates should submit the following to the office of the Deputy Vice-chancellor (academic)
- An application letter
- A motivation letter, stating why you want to participate in the programme
- A summary of the research you want to undertake at the Universidad de Leon
- A letter of acceptance from the academic staff of Universidad de Leon to be your host
- A recommendation letter from your academic supervisor at the University of Nigeria Nsukka
- Transcript of the Bachelor’s degree programme (a certified copy is acceptable)
- List of postgraduate courses already taken at the University of Nigeria and the scores obtained (to be certified by the Head of the Department)
All the documents MUST be submitted on or before the close of work on 30th June 2022
Valorisation Scale and Selection Criteria
Selection will be based on
- The Undergraduate CGPA
- The Postgraduate CGPA (based on the courses already taken)
- Motivation letter
- Research proposal
- Letter of acceptance from a host professor at the Universidad de Leon
- Recommendation letter from the supervisor at UNN
Selection and Adjudication
The University management will set up a committee to evaluate the applications and make recommendations for final approval.