This is to inform all UTME and DIRECT ENTRY (DE) candidates who have applied for admission into the Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti, for the 2022/2023 academic session that the online screening exercise will commence on 3rd October 2022 (please note that there will be no Examination).
The University will also consider UTME candidates who did not choose EKSU initially but scored 160 and above in the last UTME and are ready to change their first choice of institution to EKSU on their JAMB CAPS. Ekiti State University (EKSU) will give concessions to successful students from its Pre-Degree Programme, keeping with Senate approval.
Candidates who have not written their O’level examinations should not apply for the PUTME screening exercise.
They are to apply as soon as the results of their O’level examinations are released.
The University minimum UTME scores for Law, Nursing and Medicine (MBBS) are 240, 220 and 250, respectively.
Candidates who scored lower in any of the courses above may apply for PUTME screening into other courses of their choice and effect the change on JAMB CAPS to be considered for admission.
Please, note that EKSU accepts JUPEB (minimum of 7 points) and NOT IJMB for admission.
EKSU will admit only candidates who made at least five (5) credit passes in the relevant subjects in SSCE/NECO/NABTEB at NOT MORE THAN TWO SITTINGS.
Direct Entry candidates must possess a minimum of Upper Credit for engineering courses and Lower Credit for other courses.
Direct Entry candidates interested in changing their first choice of institution to EKSU may also be considered.
Direct Entry candidates should process their transcripts, which must get to EKSU via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th November 2022, failing which their applications for admission will not be considered.
Any candidate who fails to participate in the screening exercise will not be considered for admission into the University.
Any false information uploaded by the candidate will lead to automatic disqualification.
The procedure of payment for EKSU Post UTME screening exercise on Remita;
- Login to www.eksu.edu.ng
- Click on ‘PAY FOR PUTME
- Select mode of entry, e.g. UTME or DIRECT ENTRY.
- Fill in your JAMB’s Registration Number.
- Fill in the course you are applying for.
- Fill in your name (Applicant’s name).
- Fill in your phone number (Applicant’s Phone number).
- Fill in your VALID EMAIL ADDRESS Applicant’s Email).
- Confirm email address.
- Please ensure your email address is active and correct, as your payment receipt will be sent to any email the biller provides.
- You may not get a receipt if the email is incorrect).
- Please click on the “I’m not a robot” reCAPTCHA box for verification.
- Click “Submit”.
- Then select how you want to pay, e.g. a)
- This method requires that you fill in the details of your ATM card (Master, Visa or Verve card) details to make payment).
- Bank Branch (This method requires entering any bank that processes Remita transaction and presents your pre-generated RRR code to make payment).
- You are advised to use any of the above payment methods for ease of service.
Note: Please ensure you fill in your details correctly as payment Made for the Post-UTME application in error is non-refundable.
Make sure you copy or print the RRR number generated after successful payment.
- Go back to www.eksu.edu.ng
- Click on APPLY FOR PUTME, locate Admission and click on ‘start’, you will be directed to the online application portal.
- Sign up by providing the required details to create an account, MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE YOUR ACTIVE EMAIL AND PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER, and a verification email will be sent to you.
- After successful signup
- Click log in to log on to your dashboard.
- Applicants must log in using their CORRECT JAMB registration number as ‘username’ and enter their phone number as ‘password’ while signing up.
- iv. On your dashboard, select the type of application (2022/2023 PUTME application).
- The next page requires the applicant’s JAMB Registration Number (UTME).
- For applicants who chose EKSU, their information will be populated automatically, and they can proceed to fill in their other details.
- Applicants who did not choose EKSU as their first choice will have to fill in all their correct information on the form page.
- The next page requires inputting the RRR number gotten for your payment on remita (A, 1-13 above) to verify payment status.
- Attach your 1″ x 1″ coloured passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only on the form page.
- vi. Upload details of your O’Level result(s) obtained at not more than two sittings at the following examinations: WAEC/SSCE, NECO and NABTEB
- vii. After the above procedure, preview, confirm, submit and print out the completed screening form.
Let me know in the comment box if you have any questions or need further clarification.
Do you have any contribution or opinion you want to share on this post? I would love to hear from you.
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.