The JAMB change of course and institution form is available for students after the release of the UTME examination results. It is an opportunity for students to make changes after their registration and exam.
Change of name, date of birth, gender, and LGA are examples of the other changes you can make on your JAMB profile.
The JAMB data correction form allows you to effect the following changes in your UTME registration profile;
- Date of Birth
- State and Local Government Area of Origin
You do not need an OTP code for the JAMB change of course or institution of choice. The application is at the CBT centre or on the JAMB portal login page.
In this post, I will walk you through the procedures for JAMB change of course and institution with other data corrections.
Let me know in the comment if you have any questions or need further assistance. I will love to hear from you.
Good luck to you.
Table of contents
- JAMB Change of Course & Institution Correction of Data
- JAMB Data Correction Closing Date
- JAMB Data Correction Form
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution
- How to Apply for JAMB Data Correction
- How to Change Phone Number in JAMB Profile
- After JAMB Change of Course & Institution
JAMB Change of Course & Institution Correction of Data
It will cost you two thousand five hundred Naira (₦2,500) to purchase the JAMB change of institution and course of choice.
There are two categories of students who apply for the JAMB correction of data form;
- New JAMB Applicants
- Undergraduate Students
Correction of Data for JAMBites
JAMB correction of data form for new students is for students who wrote the recent JAMB examinations.
Applying for the JAMB change course and institution of choice is impossible with your phone or in a cyber cafe. You must visit the JAMB CBT centre to apply for the JAMB correction of data in your JAMB profile.
Undergraduates are students in universities, Polytechnic or Colleges of Education.
Students with admission can apply for the JAMB correction of data on the JAMB profile portal.
You can change your institution, course, name, gender and LGA using your phone or at a cyber cafe via the JAMB portal login.
JAMB Data Correction Closing Date
There is no specific date for the JAMB data correction form.
You can apply for the Change of Data after your JAMB result is out.
Undergraduate students can apply anytime for the correction of their data.
You are allowed to do the JAMB change of institution and course twice.
JAMB Data Correction Form
Here are the ls the list of applications for the correction of data;
- Date of Birth
- State/LGA of Origin
JAMB Change of Institution
JAMB Change of Institution form allows you to change your school of choice in your JAMB profile. It will enable you to change your institution’s first, second and third choices.
For example, with the change of institution form, you can change from the University of Nigeria to Lagos State University.
Also, you can change to another Polytechnic or College of Education.
JAMB Change of Course
The JAMB Change of Course form allows you to switch to another course in your JAMB profile.
Some students will need to change their department of choice after their JAMB result is out. This swapping process is necessary to switch to a less competitive course.
Also, it is mandatory to change course after your school of choice offers you admission to a different department.
JAMB Change of Name
The JAMB Change of Name form is for applicants who want to change their names on the JAMB portal.
Many students make mistakes with their names during JAMB registration. Also, some students’ JAMB profile names do not tally with the name in their WAEC or NECO results. They must apply for the correction of their name on the JAMB portal.
JAMB Change of Gender
JAMB Change of Gender form is swapping your gender profile to either male or female.
You will apply for this form if there is an error entering your gender during the JAMB registration.
JAMB Change of State & Local Government of Origin
The JAMB change of State and Local Government or Origin is for students who want to make these changes in their JAMB profile.
JAMB Change of Course and Institution
Here are the procedures on how to buy and apply for the JAMB change of course and institution of choice at the CBT centre;
- Decide to change your course or institution of choice
- Visit the JAMB CBT registration centre
- Inform the CBT officer you want to apply for a change of course or institution
- Fill out the data correction at the CBT centre.
- Pay the sum of two thousand five hundred Naira (₦2,500)
- Provide your JAMB profile code
- Thumbprint with the fingerprint reader
- Confirm the new changes on your JAMB profile code
- Get the printout for your new course or institution
How to Apply for JAMB Data Correction
The JAMB data correction application form allows you to change your Course, Institution, Name, Gender and State/LGA.
Here are the procedures to purchase the JAMB data correction change of course and institution form;
Time needed: 1 minute.
A description of how to apply for JAMB Data Correction
- Open your phone or PC browser
Launch the Chrome or Safari browser on your smartphone
- Visit the Http www.jamb.gov.ng/E-facility portal login
Enter https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility on your browser
- Enter your email address and password
Type in your JAMB email profile address and password
- Click on Login to access your JAMB profile account
Select the blue icon to log in to your account
- Select your JAMB examination year
Click on the drop-down menu to select your examination year
- Click on the sidebar menu at the top of your screen
Select the side menu
- Select Application for Correction of Data (Exam year Downward)
- Click on the type of correction of data you want to do on the JAMB portal.
- Select your Examination year
- Enter your JAMB registration number
- Click on the Search Details button.
- Generate payment invoice on Remita
- Make payments using your ATM card.
- Return to the JAMB portal to correct your data
How to Change Phone Number in JAMB Profile
The cost to change your phone number in your JAMB profile code is free.
Go to the JAMB CBT centre with an affidavit stating that you misplaced your former phone number.
After JAMB Change of Course & Institution
I get many questions from students who recently did a JAMB Change of Course or Institution about their inability to register for their Institution of Choice Post UTME examinations.
It would take a few days to about a week for the changes you have made on the JAMB portal to reflect on your profile and register for the Post UTME screening.
The good news is that Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education in Nigeria would always ensure that all students can register for their screening exercise.
Ask me any questions in the comment box. Let me know if you are facing any challenges with the JAMB Change of Course or Institution form.