Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular Student) for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and DIRECT Entry.
This online screening exercise is mandatory for entry into Lagos State University.
The Tuition Fee for the Regular programme is Fifty-Seven Thousand, Forty-Eight Naira, Fifty Kobo (₦57,048:50) per Academic Session.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular students with Entrepreneurship) for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level ONLY).
This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for admission into the B.Sc./B.A./B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) WITH Certificates in Entrepreneurship programme of the Lagos State University.
The Tuition Fee for the Regular student in the Entrepreneurship Programme is One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (₦150,000:00) only per Academic Session.
|LASU Post UTME||Information|
|University||Lagos State University|
|Application Type||Post UTME & DE|
|Registration Starts||7th August 2023|
|Application Deadline||31st August 2023|
|Application Website||LASU Post UTME Portal|
Candidates are to note that they can only apply for either Post UTME/Direct Entry or the Entrepreneurship programme during the admission screening.
Therefore, candidates must not screen for both Post UTME/Direct Entry or the Entrepreneurship programme.
Table of contents
- Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 185 marks can participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- In addition, candidates must be at least 16 by 1st October 2023.
- All Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2023/2024 Academic Session must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 195 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
- All Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 Academic Session, must have obtained a Direct Entry Form from the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of Institution are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise (ONLY LASU DIPLOMA is acceptable for Direct Entry (DE) Admission EXCEPT NCE into Faculty of Education Programmes).
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels, who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, will have their claims automatically validated in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
LASU Regular Courses
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission.
Faculty of Arts
- Christian Religious Studies
- History & International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Peace Studies
- Portuguese / English
- Theatre Arts
Faculty of Education
- Arabic Education
- Biology Education
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Christian Religious Studies Education
- Computer Science Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Economics Education
- Educational Management
- English Education
- French Education
- Geography Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Health Education
- History Education
- Islamic Studies Education
- Mathematics Education
- Physical & Health Education
- Physics Education
- Political Science Education
- Technology & Vocational Education
- Yoruba Education
Faculty of Engineering
- Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Law
- Common/Civil Law
- Common/Islamic Law
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Banking & Finance
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
- Local Government Development & Administration
- Management Technology
- Public Administration
Faculty of Science
- Computer Science
- Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Geography & Planning
- Political Science
College of Medicine
- Medicine & Surgery
School of Agriculture
School of Communication
- Mass Communication
School of Transport & Logistics
- Transport Management & Operations
Candidates should note that ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available in the SPECIAL PROGRAMME for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
Therefore, candidates can apply for ANY of the courses listed in the regular courses except all courses in the COLLEGE OF MEDICINE.
LASU Entrepreneurial Courses
In addition to the B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) Courses offered, Certificates will be awarded in the following Entrepreneurial Courses in the Regular students with Entrepreneurship Programme.
- Animal Husbandry (Snail Rearing)
- Water Treatment and Packaging
- Crop Production and Processing
- Fish Farming
- Draughtmanship and Building Drawing
- Tailoring and Fashion Design
- Digital Marketing
- Cake Making
- Finger Foods/Small Chops & Cocktail
- Paint Making
- Leather Making and Shoe Making
- Writing and Publishing
- Courier and Logistics Management
- Domestic and Industrial Electrical Wiring
- Furniture and Carpentry
- Printing Services
- Pet Business
- Generator Repairs
- Website Design
- Bead Making
- Event Planning
- Welding, Metal Works & Fabrication
- Make-up and Cosmetics
- Hair Dressing/Hair Making and Barbing Salon
- Interior Design & Decoration
- Motor Vehicle Repairs
- Soap, Detergent & Toiletries Production
- Organic Soap Production
- CCTV and Inverter Installation
- Mobile Application Development
- Hotel Management
- Solar Energy System Installation
- Yoghurt Production
Direct Entry & JUPEB
All Direct Entry/JUPEB Candidates are expected to immediately submit a copy of the online Admission Screening Report and the notification of Diploma (LASU Diploma)/NCE Result at the Admission Annex/Liaison Office (Room 7, Administrative Block II).
The following is the 2023/2024 LASU Post UTME online payment registration procedure;
- Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng
- Point to Student, then click on New Applicants
- Click on UTME/DE Screening (screening.lasu.edu.ng)
- Kindly Enter your
- UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER
- SURNAME, then Click on PROCEED
- On the new page, enter your
- GSM NUMBER
- PARENT’S GSM NUMBER
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- Click on submit
- On the new page, click on
- Once the payment is SUCCESSFUL, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and click on LOG IN to view your SCREENING PIN (PIN 1, PIN 2, PIN 3 etc., depending on the payment platform)
- Once you have the registration PIN, proceed to lidc.lasu.edu.ng
- Click on ADMISSION SCREENING
- Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOG IN
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER and your SURNAME, then click on PROCEED.
- Then click the “Start Admission Screening” button.
- At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Select either Regular student admission screening or regular student with entrepreneurship admission screening from “Type of Screening”, then enter/purchase the LASU POST UTME SCREENING PIN to continue filling the Self-Screening form.
- Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report.
- Please NOTE that all Screened Candidates must log into their Admission Screening Portal to print their Final Self-Screening Report.
- The candidate can repeat the above procedure if there is a need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records.
- With this, the candidate will be required to visit screening.lasu.edu.ng and make payment for PIN 2, PIN 3, PIN 4 etc.
- The subsequent PINs other than PIN 1 can be used for data correction.
- Step 1
- After successful payment for LASU 2023/2024 Admission screening exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and Click the login button to print your screening pin.
- Step 2
- Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to log in to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening; enter your SCREENING PIN obtained in Step I to continue.
- Step 3
- Carefully fill in your details as required
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
- Save and proceed
- Select the number of O’ Level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
- Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry, that require ONLY one (1) sitting.
- Candidates who wish to study any Engineering Course and wish to use Two (2) sitting of O’Level Results must possess Six (6) O’ Level Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one (1) other Science subject and any other subject.
- Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering require a Credit pass in Further Mathematics.
- Credit in the English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses at Lagos State University.
- Candidates must ENSURE they upload their O’Level results on JAMB CAPS before the closure of the Admission Screening Exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State Origin MUST have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, as their claim will be automatically validated before proceeding with the Online Screening.
- Note that any examination taken after July 2023 is not ACCEPTABLE.
- Step 5
- Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
- CHECK THE “I CERTIFY” BUTTON if you agree with all details displayed in the Preview.
- By ticking the “I Certify” button, the candidate confirms that the screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms, you will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
- Click the continue button.
- STEP 5
- After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING report.
LASU Online Screening Grading
- The Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT subjects to the candidate’s choice of course
- The relevant subjects are obtainable from the 2023 JAMB brochure available online at www.jamb.gov.ng or http://ibass.jamb.gov.ng/ebrochure.html
- Candidates are advised to visit the JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject requirements for their course of choice before participating in the online Admission Screening
- The Point grading system is as follows:
|SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB)||Grade Point|
|A2 (B2), B3||9|
Candidates should know that payment and registration/updating would last for Twenty-Five  days, i.e., Monday, 7th August – Thursday, 31st August 2023, by (12 midnight).
All Online Screening complaints should be channelled to [email protected].
Emmanuel A. FANU
REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY TO COUNCIL
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.