In collaboration with JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes for the 2022/2023 Session.
Table of contents
Candidates seeking admission into the JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at 0 Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE, (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).
All the combinations shown in the table below meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes at the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc.
The General University Admission Requirements that apply uniformly across the faculties, as well as the Specific Faculty Admission Requirements, are displayed on the University websites: https://uniben.waeup.org or uniben.edu.
To qualify for the entrance examinations into the various Pre-Degree Studies, a candidate must satisfy the stated general and specific requirements for admission.
UNIBEN JUPEB Subject Combinationn
The Following Subject Combination Are Available
- ART: Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies History/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies Economics/Government/Literature in English
- Education: All the combinations in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8
- Management Science: Economics/Government/Mathematics Mathematics/Geography/Economics Economics/Business Studies/Government Accounting/Economics/Government Economics/Government/Geography Christian Religious Studies/Economics/Government
- Law: Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
- Life Science: Biology/Chemistry/Physics
- Physical Science: Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics Geography/Chemistry/Physics
- Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy/Nursing: Biology/Chemistry/Physics
- Engineering: Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
- Agricultural Science: Agricultural Science/ Biology/Chemistry
Method of Application
The procedure for the 2022/2023 University Benin Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), Entry Screening application is as follows:
The procedure for application is as follows:
- Visit www.uniben.edu Or uniben.waeup.org
- Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process (not the cyber-cafes mail).
- Click on JUPEB Pre-Degree Studies 2022/2023
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
Provide all necessary information.
Note that * means compulsory fields.
An immediate mail will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
- Open your mail to get your system generated ID and Password that you will use to log in.
- On uniben.waeup.org
- Click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your User name and the password from the mail to log in.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a clear 1 x 1 COLOURED passport photograph with red background in JPEG format only.
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay at the University of Benin.
Failure to upload the specified passport photograph will lead to disqualification and failure/forfeiture of admission
To pay for the Application
- Click on Add online payment ticket at the bottom of the page
- Click on Pay with Remita on the top left corner of the page
Follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N15,000.00 (The fee excludes other charges for Past questions and Portal Services of N2000.00) with an ATM-Enabled Visa or Master Card from any commercial Bank.
Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online. You cannot edit your application after submission.
Print out the Application slip.
Mode of Study
Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin, Lectures will be conducted from 8 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday.
Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
Candidates who upload the wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit the application fee.
Only Coloured print out will be accepted.
Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with a complete passport size photograph printed in colour
Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study.
Application Start Date
The application website will be open by Tuesday, May 24th, 2022.
The application website closes by midnight on Tuesday 30th August 2022. (i.e all applications must be concluded online not later than Tuesday 30th August 2022).
Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit for the examination.
Admission into various programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on Saturday 3rd of September 2022 by 9 am at the Ugbowo campus of the University.
The Screening test shall be computer-based.
Candidates should go back online and check for the Day, Venue and Time for their examination.
Mr. ADEMOLA ABIMBOLA BOBOLA