Zamfara state scholarship board was established by law in 1996 when the state was created out of the former Sokoto State.
The primary responsibility of the board is the disbursement of bursary allowance to the eligible state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both at home and abroad.
Since the establishment of the board it was been carrying out its statutory functions as follows:-
- Payments of bursary to the state indigenes studying in various institutions of higher learning both within and outside the country.
- Liase with the Federal Scholarship Board and other relevant agencies to look for sponsorship to state indigenes particularly in overseas.
- Conduct interviews for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for sponsorship particularly in overseas.
- Conduct interview for the state indigenes to ascertain those eligible for the award of scholarship in the Nigerian Institutions of higher learning.
- Advise the students where necessary to go for course that are relevant to our manpower needs.
- The board from time to time liased with institutions to monitor student’s academic progress.
|Scholarship Sponsor(s)||Zamfara State Government|
|Scholarship Type||Tuition Fee|
|Host Institution||Higher Institutions|
|Scholarship Worth||Not Specified|
|Study Level||All Level|
|Minimum CGPA||Not Specified|
|Nationality||Nigerian (Zamfara State)|
|Application Deadline||May 22, 2022|
|Application Website||Scholarship Portal|
Read the following conditions to be satisfied for the award of Zamfara State Scholarship Carefully.
- All Candidates applying for Zamfara State Scholarship must be bonafide indigenes of Zamfara State
- All Non-Indigenes are not eligible for the award of Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are Government employees are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All Candidates who are under going sandwich courses are not eligible for the award of the Zamfara State Scholarship.
- All spill over Candidates are considered only with University extension Approval.
- All Candidates must have secured admission from recognised higher institutions of learning to study a course with supporting documents i.e Admission Letter.
- Students of private Universities/Instituitions are not eligible for the awards of Zamfara State Scholarship, only public school students are considered.
- All Candidates for Matriculation or IJMB courses need to apply after completion of their courses to submit fresh scholarship application forms for his/her Diploma or Degree Programmes.
Only PRE-NCE, NCE, PRE-ND, ND, HND, IJMB, matriculation and undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The candidate stands disqualified at any given time if found to have used fake documents or wrong information to the scholarship board.
Apply for Scholarship
- Visit the Zamfara State scholarship portal on your browser
- Enter your name, email address and phone number
- Upload your passport
- Select your password
- Click on Register Now