Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Science (PDS) Programme, Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), The Federal University of Technology, Akure.
The major objective of this Programme is to put in place appropriate arrangements for further education and training of candidates with requisite qualifications (School Certificate) or its equivalent.
- To be admitted into Pre-Degree Science Candidate should possess the:
- SSCE/WASSCE/GCE/NECO with a minimum of credit pass in at least five subjects at two (2) sittings, including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The other subject which should be relevant to the proposed courses, from Biology or Agriculture Science, Economics and Geography.
- A pass in Physics is only acceptable in the following departments:
- Estate Management
- Industrial Design
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Ecotourism and wildlife management
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Crop Soil and Pest Management
- A pass in Chemistry is only acceptable in Architecture.
- To be admitted into the University Undergraduate programme after completion of the PDS programme, candidates must, in addition to (1) above:
- Obtain JAMB unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) form.
- Choose FUTA as their First choice.
- Obtain a minimum % aggregate score of 50% in the PDS final session examination.
- Obtain JAMB’s admission minimum aggregate score in UTME into 100 level and satisfy the University Admission Committee (UAC) requirements.
The Programme will run for one Academic session of two semesters.
- New Applicant should click “Create Account Here”, select the programme (e.g. PDS/UABS) and fill in other details to create an account.
- Login into your account with your Username and Password.
- Click on Payment to generate an application invoice containing the TRANSACTION ID or INVOICE NO (and RRR for Remita Payment) with which to pay at the Bank OR Online (Note: Use RRR Remita Code Generated from your Application Profile Only).
- Candidates are to pay the application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00), excluding bank charges on Remita in any Bank or Online on the Remita platform (using RRR generated from the FUTA site)
- Also, AFTER generating any of your fees’ Remita RRR code from your student profile, it is ONLY then you have the option of paying directly online using your ATM card at www.remita.net website and proceed to “Bills and Purchases” NOT “Pay TSA & States” option on their website and type in your already generated RRR code rather than going to the bank to make payment.
- NB: Some Banks (e.g. GTBank) may only allow you to use their built-in Remita payment option on their mobile app (GT World) and are advised to pay via that route and will obtain their receipts from the e-mail address registered in their CCE profile.
- Login to your account Online after payment to confirm your payment and complete the online PDS/UABS Application Form
- Submit the Online application form and print out a copy of the Acknowledgement/Screening Schedule slip.
- Students who are able to see the option (Print Admission Letter) on their profile before he/she can go ahead and pay their school fees using the same process of application fee payment through Remita by generating the School fee invoice number and RRR on their profiles and confirm payment after they have paid in the Bank.
- Application closes very soon for both PDS and UABS Candidates.
- For more information on the application, registration, accommodation, deadlines, PDS, UABS, Short-Term programmes and so on, click here
- The listed helplines could be contacted for clarification on issues bordering on the registration
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.