The Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), Effurun, invites applications from suitably qualified
candidates for admission into the mentioned Full-time programmes in Higher National
Diploma (HND) and Certificate programmes for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
Table of contents
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes
The following programmes are available at Higher National Diploma (HND) levels
- Petroleum Engineering Technology (HND)
- Welding and Fabrication Engineering Technology (HND)
- Industrial Safety and Environmental Technology (HND)
- Industrial Safety Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Petroleum and Gas Processing Engineering Technology (HND)
- Petrochemical and Gas Processing Engineering Technology
- Petrochemical and Polymer Engineering Technology
- Gas Processing Engineering Technology
- Petroleum Refining Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology (HND)
- Power Plant
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology (HND)
- Instrumentation and Control
- Electrical and Telecommunications
- Power and Machines
- Science Laboratory Technology (HND)
- Petroleum Marketing Technology (HND)
The following Certificate programmes are available:
- General Welding Certificate
- Commercial Diving Certificate (classes I and II)
HND candidates are to possess five (5) Ordinary Level Credit passes relevant to the
choice of the programme, which must include English Language and Mathematics, in addition to the National Diploma (ND) relevant to their choice of programme.
Cost of Admission Form
Candidates for HND, General Welding and Commercial Diving Programmes are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (₦15,000.00) for each PTI admission form for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
Online Application Procedures
Candidates for HND, General Welding, and Commercial Diving programme should apply
directly to Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) by following the steps below:
- Visit www.pti.edu.ng
- Click on “Apply for Admission”
- Fill in the Online “Sign on page” and click “Click Here to Sign Up” at the bottom. (Note: Write down your Username and Password for subsequent use).
- This will take you to the Remitta Retrieval Reference (RRR) page, where you generate the RRR code.
- Print the RRR code page and take it to any bank for payment. Make sure you keep the RRR printout.
- After the payment of ₦15,000.00, which is the cost of each admission form, return to the PTI website (www.pti.edu.ng) and click “Return to my Application.”
- Enter your Username and Password and click LOGIN.
- Fill in the online application form and print out the completed online application form, which will be presented at the examination /interview centre along with your RRR code.
If the portal rejects your USERNAME and PASSWORD in your attempt to log in again
after payment, then send a mail to [email protected] stating your RRR code
Entrance Exam Date
General Welding Certificate
The entrance examination for the General Welding Certificate programme will hold at a date to be announced later at Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State.
Candidates are advised to report to Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State, a day before the entrance examination to know their examination venue.
Higher National Diploma (HND)
The interview for HND candidates will hold from 17th – 21st July 2023 at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State, at 9.00 am daily.
The Transcripts of candidates offering HND programmes should reach the Office of the Registrar
from the institutions they graduated from on or before 17th July 2023.
The Transcript should be sent through the courier service. While coming for the interview,
candidates should come along with evidence or the receipt of the transcript fee
The diving Certificate interview will be held on 14th August 2023 at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Delta State, by 9.00 am.
Duration for Application
Online sales commence on 29th May 2023 and close on 3rd July 2023.
Late online sales of HND, General Welding and Commercial Diving admission forms will commence on 4th July 2023 and end on 17th July 2023 at the cost of Twenty Thousand Naira (₦20,000.00) per form.
NOTE: For technical support, send an e-mail to [email protected] or call 08126971127.
For further enquiries on admission, mail: [email protected] or call 08065967052,
08030524384, 08127667021, 07015544662.
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.