Europe is one of the top study destinations for Nigerian students studying abroad. The countries and regions in Europe provide world-class education in Science, Engineering, Medicine, etc.
Studying in Europe is expensive for Nigerian students because of the conversion rate of the Nigerian Naira currency. You must be on a scholarship or go to a cheap university in Europe for your education.
The following are the study routes for Nigerian students in Europe;
- Undergraduate Studies
- Postgraduate Studies
You should know that there are not too many scholarship opportunities in Europe for undergraduate students. But you can apply for scholarship opportunities for postgraduate studies.
This post is about the cheapest universities in Europe for Nigerian undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Let me know in the comment if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to hear from you.
Table of contents
- Studying in Europe as a Nigeria Student
- Free Universities in Germany for Nigerian Students
- Cheapest Universities in Europe for Nigerian Students
Studying in Europe as a Nigeria Student
Universities in Germany and Norway offer free education for Nigerian students. The other countries offer cheap study opportunities.
The following are the countries in Europe you can apply to study as a Nigerian student;
- United Kingdom
Free Universities in Germany for Nigerian Students
The following is the list of universities in Germany for Nigerian students;
- University of Cologne
- Free University of Berlin
- Ludwig Maximilians University Munich (LMU)
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Münster
- Ruhr University Bochum
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Georg August University of Göttingen
- Universität Hamburg
- FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- University of Bonn
- Technical University of Munich (TUM)
- University of Würzburg
Cheapest Universities in Europe for Nigerian Students
Here is the list of the cheapest universities in Europe for Nigerian students;
|Cheapest Universities in Europe for Nigerian Students||Tuition Fee||Country|
|University of Cologne||Free||Germany|
|University of Oslo||Free||Norway|
|University of Göttingen||Free||Germany|
|University of Hamburg||$755||Germany|
|Technical University of Munich||EUR 14400||Germany|
|Humboldt University of Berlin||$1,000||Germany|
|University of Agder||NOK 800||Norway|
|Østfold University College||NOK 600||Norway|
|RWTH Aachen University||Free||Germany|
|Diaconia University of Applied Sciences||€4000||Finland|
|Kajaani University of Applied Sciences||€6,000||Finland|
|Novia University of Applied Sciences||€6,000||Finland|
|University of Eastern Finland||€10,000||Finland|
|Kazan Federal University||$2100||Russia|
|Altai State Technical University||$1500||Russia|
|FH Vorarlberg University of Applied Sciences||Free||Austria|
|University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences||$390||Austria|
|University of Vienna||€747.92||Austria|
|Medical University of Vienna||$815||Austria|
|University of Wroclaw||$3,600||Poland|
|AGH University of Science and Technology||$2,200||Poland|
|Academy of Finance and Management in Bialystok||$970||Poland|
|Adam Mickiewicz University||$1,370||Poland|
University of Oslo
The University of Oslo is a leading European university and Norway’s largest. UiO is home to outstanding research and offers a great variety of study programmes.
- Social Sciences
- Religion and Theology
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
University of Göttingen
The University of Göttingen is an internationally renowned research university with a long tradition. Founded in 1737 in the Age of Enlightenment, the University is committed to the values of social responsibility of science, democracy, tolerance and justice.
Göttingen, City of science and research, is recognised around the world for top international research and innovation.
It is characterised by the high number and close proximity of research institutions across the Göttingen Campus – both inside and outside the University – linked together by inspiring and interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Informatics
- Law, Economic Sciences, Social Sciences
- Humanities and Theology
University of Hamburg
Universität Hamburg is a centre of excellent research and teaching. This video provides an impression of the University, its academic work, and the City of Hamburg.
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Psychology and Human Movement Science
- Faculty of Business Administration (Hamburg Business School)
Technical University of Munich
The Technical University of Munich ranks among Europe’s most outstanding universities in research and innovation – an achievement powered by its distinctive character as the Entrepreneurial University.
University of Agder
University of Agder
seeks to be an open and inclusive university that is characterised by a culture of collaboration.
Knowledge is successfully co-created when staff, students and the larger community challenge each other.
- Health, Social Care and Sports
- History, Philosophy and Religion
- Engineering, Technology and Computer Science
- Visual Arts, Theatre and Music
- Education and Teacher Training
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Economics, Administration and Management
- Linguistics, Literature, Communication and Media
Applicants from Nigeria are rarely granted residence permits from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) for studying bachelor’s programmes in Norway.
UDI is responsible for processing applications from foreign nationals who wish to visit or live in Norway.
UiA informs you of these difficulties so that you may reconsider if you wish to proceed with the application process for the bachelor’s degree including the unnecessary and costly procedures required by UiA and by UDI.
Please see UDI for more information: https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/studies/studietillatelse/
- Senior School Certificate (awarded either by the West African Examinations Council or the National Examinations Council) in at least 6 subjects where English, Mathematics and one subject in Science (either Biology, Chemistry or Physics) must be passed + 1-year university education
- West African Senior School Certificate (awarded either by the West African Examinations Council in at least 6 subjects where English, Mathematics and one subject in Science (either Biology, Chemistry or Physics) must be passed + 1-year university education
- West African Examinations Council, General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level (GCE O Level) + 1-year university education
- West African Examinations Council, General Certificate of Education Ordinary (GCE O Level) + West African Examinations Council Higher, General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A level) with 3 A levels
Please note that National Diploma and Higher National Diploma are not regarded as university education unless incorporated into a bachelor’s degree.
Østfold University College
Østfold University College in Norway has around 100 studies taught in new and modern premises.
The university college has a total of just under 8,000 students.
There are nearly 4,000 ordinary students on at campus Halden, nearly 3,000 ordinary students on at campus Fredrikstad, and nearly 1,000 students taking continuing and further education programmes under the auspices of HiØ VIDERE (Centre for Continuing Education) at both campuses.
Diaconia University of Applied Sciences
Diaconia University of Applied Sciences (Diak) prepares students for national and international roles in social and pastoral work. Our programmes cover the following fields: social work, health care, diaconal work and interpreting.
Universities of applied sciences and universities in Finland charge Bachelor’s and Master’s level students a tuition fee for studying in languages other than Finnish or Swedish from 1.8.2017 onwards. EU/EEA and Swiss citizens are not charged the fee*.
The tuition fee at Diak is €4000 per academic year in the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Social Services, €5000 per academic year in the Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Health Care, Nursing, and €6000 per academic year for the Master’s degree programmes.
- If individuals or their family members are holding similar rights as EU citizens, they will not be charged the tuition fee. This exemption will also apply to individuals who have an EU Blue Card as stated in the Aliens Act, a continuous or permanent residence permit or a long-term resident’s EC residence permit.