The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry.
The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for 2021/2022 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships.
Table of contents
Method of Application
Application is free and can be accessed from the PTDF scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng
Requirements for PTDF Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) and will be required to verify their NIN via the portal before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
- Applicants who have benefitted from any of the PTDF scholarships in the past cannot apply for the same or lower category of degree.
- Applicants who are beneficiaries of any other scholarship need not apply.
- Application is restricted to Federal Universities and for specific courses only.
- Valid admission letter into the University is mandatory for all applicants.
- Admission letter for Postgraduate studies should be within a validity period of 12 months (2019/2020 or 2020/2021 session).
- Postgraduate applicants who meet the requirements shall be shortlisted for interviews before final selection of successful candidates.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed their first year and are currently in their second year of studies.
- Only undergraduate applicants undertaking studies in oil and gas related fields (as advertised) will be considered and the final selection shall be based on grades on their transcripts (transcripts must be signed and stamped by HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
- Admission for part-time studies shall not be considered for all categories of applications.
- The scholarship is highly competitive, and merit driven. Selection of candidates shall be based on equitable representation of the 36 States of the Federation and FCT.
Requirements for in Country Scholarship Scheme (ISS)
- A selection panel will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria.
- Academic merit as evidenced by the quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired and relevant publications to be referenced by applicants.
- Membership of professional bodies.
- The viability of the study/research plan (PhD applicants only) Undergraduate and Postgraduate (MSC) applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose stating the reason(s) they wish to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- While PhD applicants are required to submit a research proposal of not more than 6 pages to include the topic, introduction, literature review, research question(s), novelty, methodology, mode of data collection(s), expected outcome (s), relevance to the industry and appropriate references.
For Eligibility and further guidelines on how to access the application form please visit the scholarship portal: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng
Applicants are advised to read through the requirements before applying.
Application Deadline: The application portal will be opened from Monday, July 5 to Friday, August 13, 2021
PTDF Approved ISS Universities
Here is the list of PTDF approved ISS Universities in Nigeria;
- Usman Danfodio University
- University Of Port Harcourt
- University Of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University Of Maiduguri
- University Of Lagos, Akoka
- University Of Jos
- University Of Ilorin
- University Of Ibadan
- University Of Calabar
- University Of Benin
- University Of Agriculture, Makurdi
- University Of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Univeristy Of Uyo
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Nigerian Maritme University
- Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta
- Nigerian Army University, Biu
- Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil
- Nigeria Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Modibbo Adama University Of Technology, Yola
- Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure
- Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University Gusau, Zamfara
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe
- Bayero University, Kano
- Airforce Institute of Technology, Kaduna
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University