UNN USA alumni scholarship is a merit-based scholarship. It is for undergraduate students at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Students get awarded the UNN USA scholarships based on merit. It means that applicants must exhibit appropriate writing skills.
Applicants must pay attention to grammar and arrangement when writing their essays.
The scholarship covers the tuition fee of successful applicants.
Successful applicants must maintain a CGPA of 4.0 and above.
UNN-USA is an equal opportunity non-profit org. registered under chapter 501c3 of the U.S. I.R.S.
Table of contents
Aim of the Scholarship
The goal of the UNN USA scholarship is to award ten to fifteen scholarships yearly to UNN students.
The scholarship covers tuition only, plus a stipend (total may not exceed 100,000 Naira).
Successful candidates of the scholarship must have the following attributes;
- Show good character
- Outstanding academic competence
- Future promise in their respective fields of study
Other extenuating circumstances, when necessary, may also be considered.
Here are the requirements for the UNN USA scholarship;
- Students must have completed one full academic year of study at UNN.
- Students must have a CGPA of 4.0 or higher on a 5.0 scale.
- Students must maintain a minimum CGPA of 4.0 or higher during their remaining years of study to maintain the scholarship.
To apply for the scholarship, eligible students must complete and submit the application forms by the due date of September 30, 2021.
Applications are available online at www.unnalumniusa.org.
UNN USA Application Procedure
- Visit www.unnalumniusa.org on your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on General Scholarship on the top menu.
- Select Scholarship Form.
- Fill in your personal and student details.
- Enter your essay in the space provided.
- Upload your passport or student ID card.
- Enter extenuating circumstance (optional)
- Click submit.
Only applications submitted through the online platform will is acceptable.
The scholarship committee will interview all successful finalists.
Recipients will get a notification before beginning their next academic year.
Current UNN-USA Scholars (recipients of UNN-USA scholarships) are not eligible to apply.
Students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Please choose only one topic (300-500 words).
- Describe a problem you have solved or a problem you will like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma, anything that is of personal importance irrespective of the magnitude. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could take to identify a solution.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose track of time. Why do you find it engaging? What or to whom do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you and what did you learn from the experience?
UNN USA Alumni Scholarship
Since its formation, the UNN-USA has embarked on various projects. The flagship of these projects is the scholarship scheme.
Michael Okoroafor, the founding president of UNN-USA and his wife Ngozi, used their position as Snr. Vice President at Heinz foods, to secure substantial seed money to launch the scholarship program.
Several other donors have followed suit to deepen the pool with a significant donation of $20,000.00 from Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Nigeria Limited.
You can join my scholarship WhatsApp group to receive updates on scholarship opportunities.