Applications from suitably qualified candidates are invited into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos, for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Highly successful candidates, after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the following universities;
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of the West of England
- De Montfort University
- Leicester University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Nottingham
- University of Surrey
- University of Salford
- Southampton United Kingdom
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- Scotland and Soochow University, China.
Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly non-residential.
UNILAG Foundation Courses
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme, teaching subjects in line with the JUPEB syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
S/N SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
1. CRS/IRS – Music – Visual Arts SFS01
2. CRS/IRS – French – Literature in English SFS02
3. CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English SFS03
4. CRS/IRS – History – Literature in English SFS04
5. CRS/IRS – Music – Literature in English SFS05
6. Economics – History – Literature in English SFS06
7. CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Visual Arts SFS07
8. CRS/IRS – History – Visual Arts SFS08
9. CRS/IRS – Government – Visual Arts SFS09
10. CRS/IRS – Government – Music SFS10
11. CRS/IRS – Government – Igbo/Yoruba SFS11
12. CRS/IRS – Economics – Government SFS12
13. CRS/IRS – French – Government SFS13
14. Literature – Government – French SFS14
15. CRS/IRS – Government – Literature in English SFS15
16. Literature In English – Music – Visual Arts SFS16
17. French – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English SFS17
18. Government – Music – Visual Arts SFS18
19. Economics – Government – Literature in English SFS19
20. Business Studies – Economics – Mathematics SFS20
21. Government – Music – Literature in English SFS21
22. Accounting – Business Studies – Economics SFS22
23. Accounting – Economics – Geography SFS23
24. Accounting – Economics – Government SFS24
25. Business Studies – Economics – Government SFS25
26. Business Studies – Economics – Geography SFS26
27. Economics – Geography – Government SFS27
28. Biology – Chemistry – Physics SFS28
29. Biology – Mathematics – Physics SFS29
30. Biology – Economics – Government SFS30
31. Biology – Chemistry – Mathematics SFS31
32. Biology – Chemistry – Economics SFS32
33. Chemistry – Physics – Mathematics SFS33
34. Chemistry – Economics – Mathematics SFS34
35. Economics – Mathematics – Physics SFS35
36. Mathematics – Physics – Visual Arts SFS36
37. Mathematics – Economics – Geography SFS37
38. Mathematics – Geography – Physics SFS38
39. Mathematics – Economics – Government SFS39
A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained at one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration.
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING THE SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng
- On the Prospective Students menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies.
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. Please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the correct applicant’s name as obtained in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
- The cost of the Application Form (including online practice tests, excluding Bank Charges) is N25, 000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site on applications.unilag.edu.ng
- Log in with PRN as username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for yourself.
- Examination passes will be available online a week before the examination date. Print a copy for yourself.
- Practice questions will be available online a week before the examination date (log in with your application number as username and surname in small caps as password.
NOTE: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
Ø The Application opens on Monday, June 12, 2023 and closes on Friday, August 11, 2023.
Ø The entrance examination shall hold on Saturday, 19, August 2023 at the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) in the University of Lagos.
- Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (CBT). All Questions are Multiple Choice.
· Examination subjects are Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects, according to the candidate’s choice of subject combination (15 questions each), making a total of 85 questions to be answered in one (1) hour. Please note that candidates with Mathematics as one of the three subject combinations would need to choose Further Mathematics as a subject in the entrance examination combination.
Results: Results and merit admission will be released on www.unilag.edu.ng.
Terms and conditions guiding admission into undergraduate programmes in the University:
Applicants are to note very importantly that admission into undergraduate programmes of the University is based on the approved capacity for each programme, and therefore, success at the JUPEB examination does not always translate into admission for the preferred course of choice.
At its discretion, the University may conduct or adopt other testing measures to ascertain students to admit in cases where there are more successful candidates than the approved capacity for some courses.
The University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, cultism, cybercrime, examination misconduct, indecent dressing and other anti-social behaviour.
Please refer all enquiries to the Director, School of Foundation Studies:
+2349093621958, +2348165378747 (Please call during office hours only, 8 am-6 pm) or e-mail [email protected]
Oladejo Azeez, Esq.
Registrar and Secretary to Council
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.