The University of Nigeria (UNN) inter-university transfer application form is now available on the UNN student portal.
This application process allows students in other Nigerian universities to change schools to the University of Nigeria.
Find below the details of the inter-university transfer application process.
UNN Inter-University Transfer
- Transfer students shall possess the minimum University of Nigeria and Departmental entry requirements before entering the University from where they seek a transfer.
- Transfer students shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.95 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify for consideration and should not have spent more than two (2) academic sessions in his or her former University.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 4% of the departmental admission quota in any one year.
- The student’s transcript should accompany the application. University of Nigeria official(s) would be sent to the University from where a transfer is being sought for verification of the transcript or online verification, as the case may be.
- If, at any stage, irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the student(s), such student(s) shall be withdrawn from the University.
- Disciplinary action shall be taken against any officer of the University found colluding with or circumventing the process of the transfer.
- A transfer student is required to possess a JAMB score which is not less than the minimum score of UNN students admitted into his department in his admission year.
- He must transfer into the same course as he studied at his University.
- Transfer students must not be admitted beyond the second (2nd) year for all programmes in the University.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the University from which he seeks transfer.
- All applications for inter-University transfer for the 2022/2023 academic session should be received on or before July 21, 2023.
- All recommendations for admission by transfer from Faculty shall be submitted to the Admissions Office for collation and presentation to Senate Entrance Board for consideration.
- Visit the University of Nigeria website (www.unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng)
- Log in with your Telephone Number to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for the Application Processing Fee.
- Pay the application fee of N195,000.00 (one hundred and ninety-five thousand naira) through the Remita payment platform at any Commercial Bank, including UNN Microfinance Bank.
- You are to generate a payment invoice containing a Remita number; the invoice printout will enable you to pay at the bank.
- Visit the University of Nigeria website or portal (www.unn.edu.ng or unnportal.edu.ng) again, log in with your Telephone and Invoice Numbers, and then complete the Inter-University Transfer Form online.
- Print the form and submit to the Registry (Admissions) along with a copy of O/Level Results and Result Checker (WAEC/NECO Scratch card(s), and forward the last page of the form to your current University Registrar for completion to confirm release from your current University. Your current Registrar should forward The release form to the Registrar, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The student’s transcript should also be forwarded from the current University to the Registrar, UNN.
- Candidates should note that any form not completed online will not be processed.
Online application commences on Monday, June 19, 2023, and ends on Friday, July 21, 2023.
Dr. Mrs. C. N. Nnebedum, FIIA, FCAI, MAIEA, MAUA (UK)
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.