Located along Ninth Mile-Obllo Afor express road (between Orba and Obollo Afor), the State University of Medical and Applied Sciences (SUMAS) Igbo-Eno, Enugu State, is Enugu State-owned specialized University.
The National Universities Commission recognized it as the 60th State-owned University and 219th University in Nigeria.
With the state of art facilities for teaching and learning, SUMAS, a must-go-to university for quality tertiary education, has secured the approval of NUC to mount undergraduate degree programmes in Medicine, Allied Health Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering and Natural Sciences.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the programmes for the 2022/2023 session.
Courses Offered in SUMAS
The following is the list of courses offered at the State University of Medical and Applied Sciences (SUMAS);
Clinical Medicine and Dentistry
- Chemical Pathology and Morbid Anatomy
- Community Medicine
- Psychology Medicine/Psychiatry
- Medical Microbiology
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Opthalmology & Otorhinolaryngology
- Paediatrics & Paediatric Surgery
Basic Medical Sciences
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Nursing Science
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Radiography and Radiation Sciences
- Physiotherapy & Occupational Health
- Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology
- Pharmacognosy & Environmental Medicine
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Management
Engineering and Built Environment
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
Natural and Applied Sciences
- Department of Applied Biological Sciences
- Molecular Biology, Genetics & Biotechnology
- Applied Microbiology & Brewing
- Department of Computer Science
- Computer Science
- Information Communication Technology
Interested candidates should;
- Change their profile in the JAMB portal to the State University of Medical and Applied Sciences.
- Pay a screening fee of two thousand naira (₦2,000).
- Account Name: SUMAS Screening and Application
- Account Number: 1226931156
- Bank: Zenith Bank PLC
- Fill out the application form at https://forms.gle/rKfCZ79bNwkb887.
- Attach evidence of payment
- Upload a recent passport photograph
All candidates seeking admission into any of the above programmes must have the following;
- Passed at least five (5) subjects at credit levels in WAEC, NECO or their equivalent in relevant subjects in one sitting (for Medicine) and not more than two sittings for other programmes.
- Scored at least 160 in the UTME examination
- Passed the screening examination (the date for the screening will be announced later)
Come to SUMAS and prepare for your future.
The deadline for all applications is 20th December 2022.
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.