In this post, I will walk you through how you can pass your UNICAL Post UTME exams and gain admission to the University of Calabar.
Let me know in the comment if you have any questions or need further clarifications. I would love to hear from you.
I wish you success with your Post UTME examination.
Table of contents
- UNICAL Post UTME Eligibility
- Nature of UNICAL Post UTME Exam
- UNICAL Post UTME Venue
- UNICAL Post UTME Results
- UNICAL Post UTME Average Score Calculation
- UNICAL Admission Requirements
- How to Pass UNICAL Post UTME Exam
UNICAL Post UTME Eligibility
Nature of UNICAL Post UTME Exam
University of Calabar Post UTME examination is computer-based (CBT).
The examination comprises forty (40) multiple-choice questions. Ten (10) marks for every question, which is 400 marks.
Other subjects such as Current Affairs and Computer are in the UNICAL Post UTME examination.
Recently, Current Affairs, Computer has not been set in a while. The University of Calabar may also set mathematics for other courses apart from Science or Engineering related courses.
UNICAL Post UTME Venue
There are two venues where candidates write their examinations;
- The University of Calabar main library
- Post Graduate School
The time, date and exact venue of exams will be available to each aspirant with the sitting arrangements.
UNICAL Post UTME Results
A week or two after the Post UTME examinations, the Post UTME results are uploaded on an online portal for aspirants to access.
You will purchase a pin to access the result portal.
UNICAL Post UTME Average Score Calculation
Remember when I mentioned that the post UTME is 400 marks. Your post UTME score plus your JAMB score and the sum is divided by 2 to get your average.
Applicants with scores above the UNICAL cut-off will get merit admission for their course.
UNICAL Admission Requirements
Also, ensure your O’level results are on the JAMB CAPS portal.
UNICAL Admission Quota
UNICAL admission quota is the total number of students a university can admit per session based on their capacity.
A university is not allowed to admit above the quota assigned to them by Nigerian University Commission (NUC).
After a school has exceeded their admission quota, no other person will get admission even if they scored high.
This system also applies to all departments at the University of Calabar.
UNICAL Admission Policy
The University of Calabar (UNICAL) has policies to follow when admitting new UTME and direct entry students.
One of the policies is 45% Merit, 35% catchment, and 20% Educationally Less developed (ELDs).
Another is the ratio of Science to Arts students from 60 to 40. That means out of the total number of students admitted in a particular academic session, 60% are from the Sciences, and the remaining 40% are Art Students.
Every university has to follow the admission policy set up for them by the NUC.
UNICAL Subject Combination
Every course/department in UNICAL has a subject combination that every admission seeker has.
Failure to use the right combination will cost you your admission. So you must be sure of the subject combination of the course you want to study in UNICAl.
UNICAL Departmental Cut Off Mark
You all must be familiar with this. Here high JAMB score/aggregate doesn’t matter.
Departmental cut off is different from general cut off.
You might score above the UNICAL general cut off, but if you do not get up to the departmental cut off, you will not get the merit admission.
How to Pass UNICAL Post UTME Exam
Here are tips on how to pass the UNICAL Post UTME examination;
- Practice UNICAL Post UTME Questions
- Arrive UNICAL Before your Post UTME Exam
- Overcome Fear and Anxiety
Firstly, you have to study.
The key to passing any examination, especially the University of Calabar Post UTME examination, is studying very hard.
Burn midnight candles. Study the same way you did for your JAMB examination, if not more.
Practice UNICAL Post UTME Questions
Use the University of Calabar post-UTME examination past questions.
University of Calabar (UNICAL) is known to repeat Post UTME questions.
Candidates who study the appropriate past questions will pass the Post UTME examination with flying colours.
Arrive UNICAL Before your Post UTME Exam
Ensure to be on the school premises days before your examination to get information first-hand.
It is also necessary to be in the school environment days before your examination to get an update on the Post UTME exam. It would give you an advantage.
Overcome Fear and Anxiety
Overcome the feeling of fear and anxiety.
Ensure you read the questions carefully and answer on time.
Finally, ensure you are spiritual prepared.
Do well to pray before the exam. It would also help a lot.
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.