The Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship is open to final year undergraduate students in Nigerian federal government universities.
Students must show that they are strongly interested in the application of biotechnology for the sustainable growth and development of the African continent.
The aim of this scholarship is to stimulate students’ interest in biotechnology.
Modern biotechnology started in the early 1970s and has since been responsible for the manufacturing and large-scale production of a wide array of chemicals, biopharmaceuticals and other products.
Please read this article HERE to learn more about the origin of modern biotechnology.
The Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship aims to motivate a new generation of African biotech engineers and scientists to acquire relevant knowledge that will find application in the sustainable growth and development of the African continent.
This scholarship balances need and merit. The selection committee first looks out for students with outstanding performance, then selects the students with the most need from the pool.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you meet the scholarship’s eligibility requirements.
- Must be a Nigerian student studying in Nigeria.
- Must be enrolled in a federal government university.
- Must be studying any of the following courses:
- Chemical engineering
- Cell and molecular biology
- Plant biology or related courses.
- Must be going to the final year of undergraduate study. That is, you must have completed 300 Level if your course is a 4-year course, or you must have completed 400 Level if your course is a 5-year course.
- Must have a last sessional CGPA of at least 4.3 on a 5.0 scale or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship.
How to Apply
- Write a well-detailed statement of purpose detailing your motivation for studying your course and your future plans. You should clearly explain why you made the decision to study your current course, the challenges you have encountered so far, your intended research for your undergraduate project, your plans after graduation, how you plan to make an impact in your country and Africa at large, and other details and achievements that you feel would strengthen your application. Applicants should try as much to demonstrate why they need this scholarship. Your statement of purpose should not be longer than 2 pages and should be saved as a PDF document.
- NOTE: There is no required writing style for the statement of purpose. Write in your own words and in your style.
- Draft a well-structured CV/Resume and save it in PDF format.
- Obtain 2 letters of recommendation from lecturers (or professors) in your department. Scan these letters and save them in PDF format.
- You can scan these letters with your mobile phone.
- Obtain a signed letter from your HOD or course advisor confirming that you are not a beneficiary of any other scholarship
- Obtain a copy of your undergraduate transcript showing your grades from 100 Level to your current level).
- Note: Self-reported transcripts are accepted.
- That is, if you cannot obtain official transcripts from your institution, you can draft your transcripts by yourself (no need for an official signature or stamp from your institution).
- Download and use the self-reported transcript template attached HERE.
- Prepare a document that clearly states the full amount of your tuition (school fee), the start and end date of your final year of study, the official deadline for payment of your school fee, your undergraduate project topic (if you have one) and budget for your undergraduate project (if you have one).
- Send all documents to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be STEVE ESHIEMOGIE SCHOLARSHIP 2022.
- NOTE: All documents should be saved in PDF format. Within 5 days of submission, you will receive a mail notifying you of receipt of your application materials. If you do not receive any mail, send complaints to [email protected].
- Full tuition coverage.
- Professional career mentorship.
- Other benefits to be decided.
- Application opens on 9th January 2023.
- Application closes on 9th February 2023.
- Scholars notified 14th February 2023.
Let me know if you have any questions or need further clarification. I would love to assist you.
You can watch my videos on the Studentship YouTube Channel by clicking here.
Join my Facebook Group for more interactive discussions.